Cottage lane school formally Whiteley woods school

loopy

I was sat here thinking about my early life down the Cliff (dont know why) and got to thinking about a school i went to called Whitely Wood,my brother and sister also went.We use to have to catch a bus into Pond St then the school bus picked us up from there. I wonder,did any of you lot go to this school? it would be great to hear from any ex-pupils..........

• 3 years later...

Hi there, i went to Whitely Wood School 1967/72 my name was Lynda Mitchell and my brother David and sister Diane also were there. I was also brought up down Attercliffe. Do you remember Miss Robson the Headmistress at Whiteley Wood. when were you there?

• 2 years later...

hi i went to whitley wood special school. I was known as jaynee i played the trumpet. i found the standard of education provided as poor. Some good memories I think i was the only pupil to run the cross country run. I remember miss robson and the school nurse with her dog. they used to smoke and their office was a fog. my favorite teacher was my slater. does any one remember a teacher nick named pippi other pupils i remember avril oxley angela williams, michelle ?? susan santog christine parkin stephen hooper.

when i left the careers officer wanted us all to work at sr gents but i went to college.

Hi there, i went to Whitely Wood School 1967/72 my name was Lynda Mitchell and my brother David and sister Diane also were there. I was also brought up down Attercliffe. Do you remember Miss Robson the Headmistress at Whiteley Wood. when were you there?

hi ithink i remember you, and your brother david. did david play the cornet

• 2 months later...
I went to whitley wood school left in 71, it is now a house. I was taught by Mrs Worrel and mr Broughton. broughton was glad I left I gave him too many headaches.

i started in about 71 i remember mr broughton i started in mrs winkworths class. how did you get on once you left.

i went to college alot of the basics i needed i had never learnt at school. it took me years to have the confidence to go back to college

i started in about 71 i remember mr broughton i started in mrs winkworths class. how did you get on once you left.

i went to college alot of the basics i needed i had never learnt at school. it took me years to have the confidence to go back to college

Hi I enjoyed life, a lot ! had a thirst for discovering new things. I went to Stannington College to fill in gaps. I am content, live in a coastal town on the south coast. I would love to find an excuse to go to sheffield to look at my old haunts. Would really like to hear how some of the kids from school got on especially the ones i remember, I do think of them.

• 1 month later...
I went to whitley wood school left in 71, it is now a house. I was taught by Mrs Worrel and mr Broughton. broughton was glad I left I gave him too many headaches.

Hi.

I also left whiteley wood school in 71 and also was taught by Mrs Worrel and Mr Broughton. My name is Mick Davison. Some friends I remember but have never seen since are Kevin Smith & Robert Adlington, Dont remember anyone called Grave Lurker though.???