Scarborough North Bay surf - where to park?

Planning a trip to Scarborough with the kids and they want to surf/body board

The Beach at North Bay seems ideal as it gives us access to the town (which Cayton doesn't) and has a tonne of space to mess (which South Bay often doesn't)

But its a really long beach and we haven't been before - which bit would folks park at for the day? Ideally it would be good to be at a "surfy" bit of the beach (not that there will be many waves in the summer) and have access to a cafe/loos

thanks folks - I guess my question real was "where is the best place to park for good surf" but maybe we need to see where the waves/lifeguards are when we arrive

---------- Post added 04-07-2016 at 13:52 ----------

to answer my own question in case someone else has the same question - we parked on Marine Drive as far north as we could get. The beach disappears as the tide rises and we the best place to be is in front of the Lifeguard station just past the shops at the top of the beach - the station also offers fresh water showers

Water was a chilly 12C and there were no waves - but it was fun