Nigel Farage at Brussels

So you are saying you are supplying these guys without using CE certification (fashion wear) and at the same time you complain that Europe forces you to deal with CE certification?

I am afraid you will have to explain that further.

of course we supply without CE mark, riders dont care and nor do the public, all a pro rider wants is something that will do the job and our reputation and build quality bears that out.

what i am saying a professional relies on the Gear but the EU says unless its been tested by Satra or similar according to their over complicated spec we cant call it protective!! thats all.

we can easily meet and exceed the spec but as i said its too cumbersome, there are a number of different CE marks for different types of clothing.

one of many ways the EU overcomplicates issues, wait until the regs come in to cover altering your cars ?? thats the end of anything aftermarket or customising!

---------- Post added 30-06-2016 at 08:43 ----------

So, the CE mark has been in use since 1985, and you have been in business since 1996? You have never been compliant and have to sell clothing you think is safe as fashionwear only? But people buy it anyway?

What was the British equivalent before 1985? Would your clothing comply with that?

What is the US equivalent of the CE mark for protective wear? I assume you comply with that? Does that mean the US has lower standards that the EU?

Or are you complaining over nothing?

yes as i said in a previous post, you must have missed it!!? we produced a CE certified suit tested by SATRA in 2000 it was cumbersome and was restrictive and had to be over engineered to meet the criteria, thicker leather , restrictive seam methods, over the top abrasion resistance, unfortunately the probably 100 or so people that set the standard had never ridden a bike never mind raced one.

we cant call it protective even though it is, its crazy, there was no BS for M/c clothing and also none in the USA.

i am complaining because the EU make the hurdles ever higher for business especially small business and many have gone out of business because of the EU.

of course we supply without CE mark, riders dont care and nor do the public, all a pro rider wants is something that will do the job and our reputation and build quality bears that out.

what i am saying a professional relies on the Gear but the EU says unless its been tested by Satra or similar according to their over complicated spec we cant call it protective!! thats all.

we can easily meet and exceed the spec but as i said its too cumbersome, there are a number of different CE marks for different types of clothing.

one of many ways the EU overcomplicates issues, wait until the regs come in to cover altering your cars ?? thats the end of anything aftermarket or customising!

Fair enough, thanks for explaining. Do you know what ISO standards are? They underpin CE and other certification agencies, it is a global standard (the ISO was established around the same time as the UN was). It is not immediately clear and there will be small divergence, but these ISO standards are tested by the CE, just as they are tested by US/Canada certification agencies.

I have dealt with ISO before, for management, information management and so on, and I agree, it is a faff, but there is not a lot you can do but to suck it up and get on with it, or indeed to find a way around it like you have done.

I don't know what regulation you are referring to with regards to customising your car, so I'll leave that as this answer is long enough already. But thanks for the discussion so far.

Fair enough, thanks for explaining. Do you know what ISO standards are? They underpin CE and other certification agencies, it is a global standard (the ISO was established around the same time as the UN was). It is not immediately clear and there will be small divergence, but these ISO standards are tested by the CE, just as they are tested by US/Canada certification agencies.

I have dealt with ISO before, for management, information management and so on, and I agree, it is a faff, but there is not a lot you can do but to suck it up and get on with it, or indeed to find a way around it like you have done.

I don't know what regulation you are referring to with regards to customising your car, so I'll leave that as this answer is long enough already. But thanks for the discussion so far.

cheers for that , yes its very complex and yes our factories all meet the ISO standard and are certified.

Faarge's facts are lies, he peddles in them..just like Blair who took us into a war, NF contributed with lies to take us out of Europe...over half of voters believed him just like Blair was believed.

All of this is a direct result of ISIS, Blair and Bush who fractured the very nature and our way of life..In one word..Fear!

You have no idea of the reasons why over half of voters, voted to leave the EU. We all vote the way we do, for different reasons. I always intended to vote to leave the EU, if the UK ever had another referendum. My decision was made long before I had ever heard of Nigel Farage.

You are in no position to call anyone a liar, when you make such wild assumptions on the reasons why people voted the way they did.

motorcycle racing clothing seeing as you asked!!! supplied to top racers in BSB, MOTO GP, USA pro series and TT riders, protecting riders since 1996 but due to EU CE regs its classed as PPE so needs CE mark to be described as protective! unfortunately the CE spec is so prohibitively restrictive and total overkill that it is rendered unusable,my gear has protected riders since 1996 but according to the EU i cant decribe it or advertise it as such. any more info you would like??

I'd quite like my protective kit to have a clear easily understandable mark on it so I know it's up to scratch. Last think I want to do when falling off a rock face is wondering if the krab is going to hold because I bought one without a CE mark and trusted to some company I never really was able to investigate.

---------- Post added 30-06-2016 at 08:43 ----------

yes as i said in a previous post, you must have missed it!!? we produced a CE certified suit tested by SATRA in 2000 it was cumbersome and was restrictive and had to be over engineered to meet the criteria, thicker leather , restrictive seam methods, over the top abrasion resistance, unfortunately the probably 100 or so people that set the standard had never ridden a bike never mind raced one.

we cant call it protective even though it is, its crazy, there was no BS for M/c clothing and also none in the USA.

i am complaining because the EU make the hurdles ever higher for business especially small business and many have gone out of business because of the EU.

But your business, which is eleven years younger than the CE mark hasn't been put out of business has it?