Nigel Farage at Brussels

are you looking at your link poster or mine.

I agree figure have fallen.

Have people in permanent work risen?

Have zero hours contracts risen?

Have temp contract work risen?

Don't know, you tell me. All I know is that fewer people, including Brits in particular, are unemployed. That means that a lot of people that were on benefits now at least have another way to earn an income, correct?

Don't know, you tell me. All I know is that fewer people, including Brits in particular, are unemployed. That means that a lot of people that were on benefits now at least have another way to earn an income, correct?

Im surprised you don't know. Well it would be a no, yes, yes. the influx, of massive workers, give employers advantages of a flexible way of employing a workforce. Not to the average workers advantage, there are more in work poverty in the UK than ever. Check them stats.

I never employ temp workers, if i have a vacancy, its permanent. Its very easy to see stats but i look further and sleep better.

Edited by phil752

Im surprised you don't know. Well it would be a no, yes, yes. the influx, of massive workers, give employers advantages of a flexible way of employing a workforce. Not to the average workers advantage, there are more in work poverty in the UK than ever. Check them stats.

I never employ temp workers if i have a vacancy, its permanent. Its very easy to see stats but i look further and sleep better.

On the latter, I am pleased you do.

On the former, as far as I am aware there is a correlation between companies doing well and employment.

This is a political/personal point, but I believe that it is better for the UK to have access to low-wage workers than it is to not have that access.

I will happily agree to disagree on that point.

On the latter, I am pleased you do.

On the former, as far as I am aware there is a correlation between companies doing well and employment.

This is a political/personal point, but I believe that it is better for the UK to have access to low-wage workers than it is to not have that access.

I will happily agree to disagree on that point.

So you believe in in-work poverty, or that that state should bail out employers giving low pay?

So you believe in in-work poverty, or that that state should bail out employers giving low pay?

I believe people should look after themselves, not rely on the state to do so unless there is good reason for it. That way the state can stop paying those that don't deserve it and increase the payment to those that do.

But as I said, that is a different debate. Although one has to wonder how, in the light of this topic, Farage thinks about that, I would suspect he isn't far off. If only he could have been an internationalist...

I believe people should look after themselves, not rely on the state to do so unless there is good reason for it. That way the state can stop paying those that don't deserve it and increase the payment to those that do.

But as I said, that is a different debate. Although one has to wonder how, in the light of this topic, Farage thinks about that, I would suspect he isn't far off. If only he could have been an internationalist...

i agree that the state should catch the fallen not the many that are able, however I disagree that the have should take advantage of the have nots. Mass immigration can only feed this , as it has. You are talking from a structured lifestyle view, I feel it would change if you walked in a few of their steps

i agree that the state should catch the fallen not the many that are able, however I disagree that the have should take advantage of the have nots. Mass immigration can only feed this , as it has. You are talking from a structured lifestyle view, I feel it would change if you walked in a few of their steps

What, like never claiming unemployment benefit and living of 300 guilders a month for 3 years in between studies? It is exactly that (waling in those steps) that made me realise that, it never made me angry with immigration though, I knew that if I wanted to I could improve my finances and by proxy my life, and I did just that.

I won't deny though, a lot of what I achieved I could not have done without my wife or the state, but I'd rather see the state pay those that want to make something out of their life, immigrants or not, than those that are content to stay at home and moan about everything the state does.

What, like never claiming unemployment benefit and living of 300 guilders a month for 3 years in between studies? It is exactly that (waling in those steps) that made me realise that, it never made me angry with immigration though, I knew that if I wanted to I could improve my finances and by proxy my life, and I did just that.

I won't deny though, a lot of what I achieved I could not have done without my wife or the state, but I'd rather see the state pay those that want to make something out of their life, immigrants or not, than those that are content to stay at home and moan about everything the state does.

when was the 300 guilders? just interested.

when was the 300 guilders? just interested.

Turn of the millenium, my income was around 600 guilders total, 300 went to my shared housing. I wasn't the best student in terms of commitment, so I started a Bachelor in Business and failed to get through, then failed a computing NVQ because I didn't like it before finally realising life was pants on pennies and got a string of crummy jobs before starting a bachelor in information services, I also, by that time, had found a job at a regional broadcaster and at a bar where I lived, worked 28 hours a week, most after office hours, and did a full time degree at the same time. (As well as going out a lot...)

Around this time, maybe a year later, I met my wife, who had a good job and things looked up from there on in. I worked hard, especially after coming to the UK and made most of my opportunities here.

Turn of the millenium, my income was around 600 guilders total, 300 went to my shared housing. I wasn't the best student in terms of commitment, so I started a Bachelor in Business and failed to get through, then failed a computing NVQ because I didn't like it before finally realising life was pants on pennies and got a string of crummy jobs before starting a bachelor in information services, I also, by that time, had found a job at a regional broadcaster and at a bar where I lived, worked 28 hours a week, most after office hours, and did a full time degree at the same time. (As well as going out a lot...)

Around this time, maybe a year later, I met my wife, who had a good job and things looked up from there on in. I worked hard, especially after coming to the UK and made most of my opportunities here.

i used to live in Venlo hadn't heard Guilders in ages. Another romantic nostalgic view of pre-euro.