Nigel Farage at Brussels

Currently being reported in the Guardian.

Mike Hookem named as Ukip MEP involved in fight with Steven Woolfe

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2016/oct/06/prevent-programme-should-be-reviewed-and-overhauled-says-terror-law-watchdog-politics-live

News that Hookem is on the run is premature as Strasbourg Police have confirmed that they were not called to the incident and that, so far, there is no police investigation.

---------- Post added 06-10-2016 at 15:26 ----------

I just read this ...

A source close to the party said the fight happened when Mike Hookem, MEP, turned up to the Strasbourg meeting at 10am and “made a few choice words” to Woolfe about “defecting to the Tories”.

“Steven Woolfe has then taken his jacket off, walked over and said, ‘Right, you outside now’ or words to that effect,” the source told the Guardian. “They went outside and Steven Woolfe got the brunt of it.”

It is understood that Woolfe walked away from the fight and appeared well enough to vote half an hour later. However, Woolfe left the vote mid-way through and then collapsed before he was taken to hospital.

Seems Woolfe initiated the altercation which resulting in him getting his ass handed to him :)

Hookem...close to hokum.

How apposite.

---------- Post added 06-10-2016 at 15:10 ----------

lol...great minds....

Woolfe seemed OK to me on Question Time last week. More Carswell than Farage. Though that's the only time I've seen him.

He is no Carswell. His views are much more in tune with those of UKIP supporters and voters. He is also probably the only credible potential leader that UKIP have. So if he pulls out of the leadership race, then UKIP could well be finished as serious political force. If he is elected leader though, then the Labour party in particular could well be in for a rough ride in certain Northern constituencies.

Fights between British politicians over political issues were not uncommon in the 18th and early 19th centuries. Two serving British prime ministers (William Pitt and the Duke of Wellington both fought duels with political opponents. Perhaps we ought to revive the fine art of duelling between politicians, with no quarter given on either side. It would be an exciting way to reduce the numbers of serving MPs.

Edited by NigelFargate

He is no Carswell. His views are much more in tune with those of UKIP supporters and voters. He is also probably the only credible potential leader that UKIP have. So if he pulls out of the leadership race, then UKIP could well be finished as serious political force. If he is elected leader though, then the Labour party in particular could well be in for a rough ride in certain Northern constituencies.

I don't know much about him. He seemed OK on QT. I believe you though.

Arron Banks wants him to get the gig. But maybe he will defect t'Tories after this debacle.

I don't know much about him. He seemed OK on QT. I believe you though.

Arron Banks wants him to get the gig. But maybe he will defect t'Tories after this debacle.

As I say above, if he is not elected as leader, the dearth of talent at the top of UKIP could well consign the party to oblivion before long. Moreover, the party is virtually broke and it looks as though Saint Theresa is keen to clip the party's wings by appealing to UKIP voters.

As I say above, if he is not elected as leader, the dearth of talent at the top of UKIP could well consign the party to oblivion before long. Moreover, the party is virtually broke and it looks as though Saint Theresa is keen to clip the party's wings by appealing to UKIP voters.

just heard she had resigned anyone know why? Just read it sounds like labour lol

Edited by phil752

I'm sure the Labour party will take delight in pointing out to everyone that Woolfe almost joined the Tories after he didn't win the last leadership election.