Nigel Farage at Brussels

If people want to have a go at Farage, then they should have a go at him for the way he behaved shortly after polling closed on Thursday, when he thought the UK had voted to remain in the EU. Then he had a rant saying that Remain had only won because the registrations for voters had been extended by two days. Farage would have been a bitter twisted loser, just like Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP are.

Farage did nothing wrong yesterday and was entitled to gloat. Those who Farage was winding up yesterday, have it had their way for the seventeen years he has been an MEP, so they deserved a taste of their own medicine which they didn't like.

not embarrassing at all, he was stating the facts that he and Leave got the result everyone in Europe thought would never happen! good for him standing up to the jumped up Eurocrats. incidentally did you see how many stood to applaud him a good few! as for the scottish MEP now that was embarassing:roll:

I can only repeat :

Most embarrassing thing I've seen in politics for ages.

Childish. Basically he went there to troll, hector and goad the EU parliament.

He doesn't speak for our country. He had no right to say half the things he said. He wasn't even part of the official leave campaign.

His judgement must be seriously in question after that.

How could anyone (with a brain) disagree with this ?

Farage is a Pygmy. If his supporters really thought what he did at the European parliament was acceptable, I think that says more about them then anything.

I can only repeat :

How could anyone (with a brain) disagree with this ?

Farage is a Pygmy. If his supporters really thought what he did at the European parliament was acceptable, I think that says more about them then anything.

It certainly does say something about us UKIP and out voters, it says we've seen straight through the "European project"

Now I'm not quite sure how accurate these figures are but I'll post them anyway,

In 1975 the European Union was £250 million pounds in debt, today it is £10.2 trillion in debt, that's around £19,000 per person including countries that aren't part of the EU and including children under 16 and OAP's.

I thought the SLYnews coverage of this was very telling. Watching the proceedings live Juncker was rude to Farage BEFORE Farage spoke at the meeting yesterday. Then later they played the events in reverse order and reported it as Farage being 'slapped down' by Juncker in response to what Farage had said!

Farage did nothing wrong yesterday and was entitled to gloat. Those who Farage was winding up yesterday, have it had their way for the seventeen years he has been an MEP, so they deserved a taste of their own medicine which they didn't like.

No one is entitled to gloat and it shows the measure of the man that he went straight to the EU to pick a fight. The guy is a joke.

No one is entitled to gloat and it shows the measure of the man that he went straight to the EU to pick a fight. The guy is a joke.

What it showed was his contempt for the institution. By citing Greece, and the EU pushing the Mediterranean in to poverty, migration, etc he was attempting to whip up anti-EU support across Europe.

I may not agree with him on a lot of things, I may not agree with his methods, but no one can reasonably argue that in terms of what he has set out to do this has not been a huge success for him.

To write him off as a joke is very dangerous in my opinion. Do not underestimate this man, he is extremely skilled. That's why Cameron didn't have the guts to debate with him live time after time.

Unfortunately, all the recent attempts to subvert the democratic will of the people are only going to serve to strengthen his position and he knows that. If the mainstream parties continue to ignore the will of the majority of the people, for many, he will become the only alternative.

People like Tim Farron, announcing immediately to stand on a Pro-EU basis, will end up being responsible for getting this 'joke', as you put it, elected.

Edited by Lex Luthor

It certainly does say something about us UKIP and out voters, it says we've seen straight through the "European project"

Now I'm not quite sure how accurate these figures are but I'll post them anyway,

In 1975 the European Union was £250 million pounds in debt, today it is £10.2 trillion in debt, that's around £19,000 per person including countries that aren't part of the EU and including children under 16 and OAP's.

Uhmmm... You mean the nations are in debt. Not the European Union. And I'd like to see that 10.2 trillion substantiated because I can't find where you have got those figures from.

To write him off as a joke is very dangerous in my opinion. Do not underestimate this man, he is extremely skilled. That's why Cameron didn't have the guts to debate with him live time after time.

Without the EU he has no political platform as he was defeated in the 2015 general election when he contested South Thanet. If a political party leader cannot secure a seat in westminster, in a cherry picked constituency, he has no real backing in the UK.

As soon as we leave the EU, I hope he will disappear.

Without the EU he has no political platform as he was defeated in the 2015 general election when he contested South Thanet. If a political party leader cannot secure a seat in westminster, in a cherry picked constituency, he has no real backing in the UK.

As soon as we leave the EU, I hope he will disappear.

Farage indeed failed to secure his seat but UKIP came second in 120 constituencies in the 2015 election.

I think such naivety is dangerous.

Farage indeed failed to secure his seat but UKIP came second in 120 constituencies in the 2015 election.

I think such naivety is dangerous.

Its not naive as we have a winner takes all system of elections. The BNP received large numbers of votes in previous elections also, but their support disappeared soon after. UKIP is a one trick pony, that now people have made their concerns over the EU heard, will lose support when the real issues that affect peoples lives become apparent. UKIP is a protest party, nothing more.