Nigel Farage at Brussels

I can only repeat :

How could anyone (with a brain) disagree with this ?

Farage is a Pygmy. If his supporters really thought what he did at the European parliament was acceptable, I think that says more about them then anything.

Are you are excluded.

No one is entitled to gloat and it shows the measure of the man that he went straight to the EU to pick a fight. The guy is a joke.

The issue yesterday was that Cameron was at the EU for a critical meeting that would significantly shape what happens next. Cameron was there partly to plant the seeds of our negotiating position.

Cameron was officially speaking for the UK at the EU

At roughly the same time you have Farage doing his best to upset a whole bunch of officials who we will have to negotiate with.

Farage was not speaking for the UK. He had no right to say half the stuff he did. In fact his speech was a powerful insight into deeply personal the whole thing is for him. He's like a bullied kid taking revenge in adult life on his childhood bullies. That can't be a basis for any further involvement from him.

Its not naive as we have a winner takes all system of elections. The BNP received large numbers of votes in previous elections also, but their support disappeared soon after. UKIP is a one trick pony, that now people have made their concerns over the EU heard, will lose support when the real issues that affect peoples lives become apparent. UKIP is a protest party, nothing more.

I've never known the BNP come second in 120 constituencies in a General Election.

I think it's dangerous to underestimate him.

His success or failure will depend on the major parties' success at addressing the concerns of people who voted leave and no doubt many of those who voted to remain also.

This 'one trick pony' has a long way to run yet.

Edited by Lex Luthor

I've never known the BNP come second in 120 constituencies in a General Election.

I think it's dangerous to underestimate him.

His success or failure will depend on the major parties' success at addressing the concerns of people who voted leave and no doubt many of those who voted to remain also.

Could you go back and answer my questions now you have re-appeared please.

Also I didn't say the BNP came second, but they received a large number of votes which quickly evaporated when people were no longer protest voting.

No one is entitled to gloat and it shows the measure of the man that he went straight to the EU to pick a fight. The guy is a joke.

Why not ?

Anyone who sticks it up the Dictators in Brussels gets my vote. The stuffed suits didnt like it , their miserable faces said it all.

Now talking about being a joke , that Scottish geezer begging the EU to let them stay on the Gravy Train was embarrassing . He nearly started crying.

Please let us stay , pretty please , im begging you . :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Why not ?

Anyone who sticks it up the Dictators in Brussels gets my vote. The stuffed suits didnt like it , their miserable faces said it all.

Now talking about being a joke , that Scottish geezer begging the EU to let them stay on the Gravy Train was embarrassing . He nearly started crying.

Yes, very funny. :roll:

It is great shouting from the anonymity of a forum, but surely, even you understand that when you go into the most important negotiations in the recent history of this nation that it makes little sense to antagonise the other party in the negotiations?

Uhmmm... You mean the nations are in debt. Not the European Union. And I'd like to see that 10.2 trillion substantiated because I can't find where you have got those figures from.

http://www.eudebtclock.org

Member states or an EU debt it doesn't matter the EU is a failing "social/political/economic project" and we are best keeping it at arms length while holding a barge pole out.

Why not ?

Scotland knew full well the implications of their own referendum would have on the European referendum tough titty in my eyes.

---------- Post added 29-06-2016 at 12:38 ----------

He made the whole nation look like a bunch of childish, smug, hateful ***** :(

Just like a whole bunch of remain supporters have since Friday morning