Horse and Jockey Wadsley Lane

Thanks Lurgh Mor for your kind words. Your continued custom and words of support & encouragement have been much appreciated.

We are the Horse & Jockey, Stancill Brewery Tap, and we are indeed a working progress. Our refurbishment, product development and August events calendar will be complete by the 29th July, ready for our grand opening.

Sheffandy, we are sorry that the Stainless wasn't to your liking, same for FIRETHORN1, we are sorry that you weren't fully satisfied by your drinks. Please ask for tasters when visiting in future and we will be happy to oblige in order to find you the perfect pint from our range of ten real ales.

The Manager, we are hosting Craft & Live evenings every Saturday from the 6th which should be great fun!

Feargal, we look forward to meeting you.

Lex Luther & hyper, we couldn't possibly comment!

Enjoy the sun everyone!

Thanks for your reply horsejockeyS. I like your pub. I appreciate what you're trying to do with the place and I'll definitely come in there for a couple of pints next time I visit my mum. The staff were brilliant at letting us try the beers before we ordered them. Some were better than others, but I just didn't actually like any of them that much. I think that this is probably just due to my personal tastes, rather than there being anything intrinsically "wrong" with your beer. I admit that I like to go to a pub where I enjoy the beer, but some of the best beer pubs are miserable holes, so on balance, even if the beer is a bit mediocre, I'd rather go to a pub with a nice atmosphere and a friendly "vibe"... and I think that t'Jockey is on the right track so far,

I think there are some really good micro breweries around Sheffield, but Sincil isn't one of them. In fact, I think their ale is poor. Hopefully they'll learn quick now, how to brew good beer, but I'm not convinced.

Well if you are going to have a dig at least get the name correct.

• 5 weeks later...
I can't see this lasting long. It's in the wrong area.

You could say that about the Naggs head, Bradfield brewery's pub. That's on a lane in the middle of no where, and it's constantly rammed. So this should be able to do well.