Is it possible to dump the internet.

Never knew you could do this. How does it work ? Do you have to put the brand name in of the article you want to repair ?
Sometimes yes, sometimes it's embedded on a person's blog, sometimes it's on a different online video portal than Youtube, sometimes it's not a video.

Putting the article brand name and model reference in a Google search (preferably with a word or two associated with the issue) is more likely to return relevant results (including Youtube videos).

I had a problem with my Yamaha sound bar a while back, power button not working at all and the remote ineffective. So the sound bar was, to all intents and purposes, 'dead'. And well out of warranty.

I put in "yamaha ysp 800 power button" in Google, checked the results, then decided to follow the 4th result. No video, just narrative and photos. That's because the description of the problem matched mine most closely, the fixing didn't look that complicated, and the tutorial was very detailed and well illustrated. Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that: since I was potentially looking at binning the faulty unit and forking out £200+ on a replacement, might as well buy a £10 soldering iron and a £1 component and have a go at fixing the unit first.

I followed the tutorial to the letter, step by step, and that fixed it, it's working perfectly fine now :)

Edited by L00b

Are there any examples of things that can ONLY be done online?

I can't find one just at the moment but, yes, I have come across quite a few. For instance a fair few competitions you can only enter on line, signing petitions, and one that has been a major problem around here which is no bus timetables except on line. I have personally got information on bus times for people who don't have the internet.

Where did you get bus times before the internet? And are you sure that those sources don't exist any longer?

Re:private companies running things that are only online, sort of tough isn't it. No different to a phone only service or a post only service, or a shop only service. It might not be convenient for some people, but if it's a private service then you can't demand that they do it differently.

Where did you get bus times before the internet? And are you sure that those sources don't exist any longer?

Re:private companies running things that are only online, sort of tough isn't it. No different to a phone only service or a post only service, or a shop only service. It might not be convenient for some people, but if it's a private service then you can't demand that they do it differently.

You got them at the PTE travel offices which have now closed. Well at least you are now admitting that there is problem, and you are right it is tough. I don't demand anything because there is no point. Still doesn't make it right though.I remember years ago in the days I used to listen to Radio Sheffield. They used to give a list of schools that were closed due to bad weather in winter. After the drive by Blair to get everyone on the net they started with the now favourite comment, for information visit us on line@whatever.com.

I don't think it's a problem. I think that private companies can use whatever channel to market they want.

Schools (so I understand) will text parents if they are closed. They ARE still announced on local radio and they also use online services to communicate.

Businesses however are very different to public institutions.

I don't think it's a problem. I think that private companies can use whatever channel to market they want.

Schools (so I understand) will text parents if they are closed. They ARE still announced on local radio and they also use online services to communicate.

Businesses however are very different to public institutions.

What if the parents do not own a phone.

What if the parents do not own a phone.

Then they damn well get one.

As soon as you start breading you take on a responsibility. A phone is a tool used in being a parent. A way of communication in the modern world with the places and people that a parent needs to communicate with.

Unless there has been an explosion of the over 70s popping out kids that I dont know about, are you seriously trying to tell me that a majority of modern day parents do not own a mobile phone? Evidence??

Edited by ECCOnoob

Then they damn well get one.

As soon as you start breeding you take on a responsibility. A phone is a tool used in being a parent. A way of communication in the modern world with the places and people that a parent needs to communicate with.

Unless there has been an explosion of the over 70s popping out kids that I dont know about, are you seriously trying to tell me that a majority of modern day parents do not own a mobile phone? Evidence??

All hail the god of spelling and grammar!

Happy now?

I dont really type at all. Its why I have a secretary at work. Even more so when I am using voice recognition to do most of my posts on here.

Forgive me for not giving my casual comments on an internet forum my full dictation, proof reading and cross referencing service. Im just a bit too busy having a life.

Edited by ECCOnoob