Can you trust Boris? - Now backed out.

No need to go all coy. If you have something out with it. Unlike you my £15 buys me a vote on the next PM so the more info the better informed choice I have for all of us.

In that case, can I beg you to vote for May, she is the only one with a brain as far as I am concerned.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/revealed-how-city-minister-andrea-leadsom-used-controversial-trusts-to-reduce-her-potential-9268469.html

Ok so found this about her giving money to her kids (shocka!).

Nowt there thats going to disbar her from being PM.

Anyone got anything else?

Does the fact that I never heard of her before count? I haven't got a clue who she is. I doubt she is going to win votes at the next GE. I might be wrong, the next GE is some way off, but really, who is she?

I'd say there's room for the cabinet to be 48% pro-European.

---------- Post added 30-06-2016 at 19:27 ----------

Yes it is time to move on. The only way this can work is if we progress the Brexi process, and are seen to be serious about it. Any uncertainty is going to be amplified in the markets and will create systemic risk for the banks.

That said, the remainers must have a voice. If nobody listens to them there will be a severe reaction.

I disagree

we voted out, we will soon be out, so we should have a cabinet that is focused on moving the country forward outside the EU , not one where some of them are are still trying to cosy up to the dictators in Brussels.

That will lead to a split in the cabinet , which is no good for anyone. It should be 100% Brexit where evereyone is singing off the same sheet.

Does the fact that I never heard of her before count? I haven't got a clue who she is. I doubt she is going to win votes at the next GE. I might be wrong, the next GE is some way off, but really, who is she?

She clearly has a brain.

I disagree

we voted out, we will soon be out, so we should have a cabinet that is focused on moving the country forward outside the EU , not one where some of them are are still trying to cosy up to the dictators in Brussels.

That will lead to a split in the cabinet , which is no good for anyone. It should be 100% Brexit where evereyone is singing off the same sheet.

But it won't represent everyone, 48% voted to Remain. Going down the totalitarian route is going to alienate them. Not only that, if I hear what you are saying, you are arguing that the one hundred percent unilateral withdrawal is what you want.

If that is the case than I hope you are prepared to cover your own pension because the state won't be in a position to give you one. I know you don't believe that, but a few figures:

4,4% deficit now

89,2% debt to GDP now

Conservative (Seriously conservative) estimated loss of GDP in case of unilateral leave: 20%

That means the deficit will jump up to the 10-12% mark, the debt to GDP rate will jump to the 120-130% mark initially and 150-160% without huge swinging cuts and tax increases in a couple of years.

The housing market will crash, the mortgage prices will go up, interest will collapse even further and inflation will be ridiculous.

Good luck when that happens, I won't be here, but you will. You'll finally get to experience what would have happened to Greece if there was no EU protection.

---------- Post added 30-06-2016 at 20:39 ----------

She clearly has a brain.

Tell me more, I genuinely would like to know these candidates, they are going to be running the country after all.

Tbh i hadn't heard of her before the freedom campaign but she came across as measured and intelligent during and impressed me. I'll wait and let them set their stalls out but I won't be voting for anyone who even hints at caving into the Berlaymont.

Tbh i hadn't heard of her before the freedom campaign but she came across as measured and intelligent during and impressed me. I'll wait and let them set their stalls out but I won't be voting for anyone who even hints at caving into the Berlaymont.

Nice reference, I doff my cap, good sir. Can I ask what not caving in means? Are you looking for someone to unilaterally remove the UK from the EU? And if so, can I ask you what the consequences would be?

No need to go all coy. If you have something out with it. Unlike you my £15 buys me a vote on the next PM so the more info the better informed choice I have for all of us.

It's all on google. Told you were it was.

Anyway.....later