Can you trust Boris? - Now backed out.

Nice reference, I doff my cap, good sir. Can I ask what not caving in means? Are you looking for someone to unilaterally remove the UK from the EU? And if so, can I ask you what the consequences would be?

That we deal with the nations of the EU like we will with everyone else.

First priority is starting trade agreements with friendlies. Canada, Chile and Egypt would all be easy quick wins in different markets. US will be easy or hard depending on who is in the white house.

The 'single market' meh. No we don't want it. We want to know how much worse terms the nations of Europe wish to trade with us than the rest of the world can. If the answer is no worse then great. Our immigration policy will not be linked to any deal.

Would be the candidate I will be voting for.

That we deal with the nations of the EU like we will with everyone else.

First priority is starting trade agreements with friendlies. Canada, Chile and Egypt would all be easy quick wins in different markets. US will be easy or hard depending on who is in the white house.

The 'single market' meh. No we don't want it. We want to know how much worse terms the nations of Europe wish to trade with us than the rest of the world can. If the answer is no worse then great. Our immigration policy will not be linked to any deal.

Would be the candidate I will be voting for.

OK, well, you know my position on that by now. I think you are horribly shooting yourself in your own foot (ie. with a Gatling gun, rather than a .32 pistol) but that is your own call. I also don't think you will find a single politician that will agree with your view. Which is something I worry about as it will create an even bigger us v. them stance in the general population.

OK, well, you know my position on that by now. I think you are horribly shooting yourself in your own foot (ie. with a Gatling gun, rather than a .32 pistol) but that is your own call. I also don't think you will find a single politician that will agree with your view. Which is something I worry about as it will create an even bigger us v. them stance in the general population.

He's not far of John Redwood. It would not come as a galloping shock to me if Gove was also minded along those lines.

I expect the stance will be moderated by the rest of the cabinet though if Gove wins the leadership.

Why should we not have our own immigration policy just to trade with Luxembourg? What madness is it to even suggest that?

The dogs in the commision need kenneling while the adults discuss trade.

He's not far of John Redwood. It would not come as a galloping shock to me if Gove was also minded along those lines.

I expect the stance will be moderated by the rest of the cabinet though if Gove wins the leadership.

If it isn't, I and many like me are off into the sunset. The EU might not be perfect* but it isn't the demon that many here make it out to be. I'd rather be in the EU than a UK with no access to the single market and there are many like me.

Japan light (1/3th of the population), that is what the UK without access to the EU would become in my opinion, and I'd rather live in a place where my rights as a worker/businessman are protected.

*In fact, it is nowhere near perfect, but more perfect than a UK outside of a single market.

---------- Post added 30-06-2016 at 21:43 ----------

Why should we not have our own immigration policy just to trade with Luxembourg? What madness is it to even suggest that?

The dogs in the commision need kenneling while the adults discuss trade.

I don't understand your point.

If you don't understand our nation not some unelected foreign fools should control which foreigners are allowed in and on what terms I despair.

You have zero to fear. Exactly the opposite. As welcome guests as opposed to imposed burdens (not suggesting you are a burden but under the EU jackboot thats how you may have been seen by some) your business can flourish.

The British must have control over who can live in our country. That is not negotiable and nor should it be for any free people.

If you don't understand our nation not some unelected foreign fools should control which foreigners are allowed in and on what terms I despair.

You have zero to fear. Exactly the opposite. As welcome guests as opposed to imposed burdens (not suggesting you are a burden but under the EU jackboot thats how you may have been seen by some) your business can flourish.

The British must have control over who can live in our country. That is not negotiable and nor should it be for any free people.

You seem to be confusing immigration and economy again?

Not confusing. Differentiating.

Foreigners will not tell us which foreigner can come here.

What about that do you object to?

The simple fact that you seem to infer foreigners have no rights in this country.