Can you trust Boris? - Now backed out.

It's all very bizarre. It makes me wonder what Boris' motivation is and was. It does seem as if he was knocked sideways by the referendum result.

I don't think he contemplated the idea that Brexit could win- it did and hence why there is this big mess.

Brexit leaders had no plan in place- probably why Boris feels he doesn't want to run for leadership.

Perhaps bide his time until someone sorts all this out and then run for PM in 2020.

I don't think he contemplated the idea that Brexit could win- it did and hence why there is this big mess.

Brexit leaders had no plan in place- probably why Boris feels he doesn't want to run for leadership.

Perhaps bide his time until someone sorts all this out and then run for PM in 2020.

Gove knows exactly what he wants out of Brexit. So do many others.

Get Brexit to come within a hair of winning then, as the Tory party figurehead, commandeer the leadership of the Tory Eurosceptic contingent and, as 'Boris' out-populising Farage, commandeer the adulation of the UKIP contingent. Then step into Cameron's shoes come 2020 or earlier.

You have hit the nail on the head there I suspect.

Boris had the stature and charisma to lead the Conservatives forward, so I am very surprised at this, but obviously we don't know what's been going on behind the scenes.

So far it looks like it's between Michael Gove, Theresa May, Andrea Leavson, Stephen Crabbe, and Liam Fox.

I'll be looking on Wiki etc to see what I can find out about them for my own information, but so far I think Theresa May would get my vote, (if I had one.)

Andrea Leavson performed very well for the leave campaign in one of the live television debates. She is a very clever lady.

---------- Post added 30-06-2016 at 13:34 ----------

Gove less trustworthy than Boris I think.

Yes it appears it has, for now in any case. The mood has changed after the vote as so many promises have already been reneged upon.

Maybe e realised that his buffoonery and stupid hair were not enough to make people like him after he appeared to stick a knife into Cameron. He certain appeared to have wanted Cameron to stay in office. Maybe his plan was to win the leave campaign and wait a few years before Cameron stands down and then take the top spot without much issue.

That idea has been touted around and I believe you may be right. Only the future will tell.

All I want from my politicians now is to work together in moving this country forward and free from the shackles of the EU.

Gove less trustworthy than Boris I think.

I know exactly what Gove believes in. I have no idea with Boris except that he believes he should be in charge.

You either have radically different information to me or we have different ideas of the meaning of "trustworthy".

Maybe Heseltine was on the money; we get a new PM, but Boris, who got us into this mess, is the one that goes to negotiate with Brussels.

Then we have a referendum to see if we like what he's got us. If not, stay in the EU as was.

---------- Post added 30-06-2016 at 13:49 ----------

What promises has Gove withdrawn?

He said he wouldn't stand for a start.

Loving the tweets currently circulating , likening Boris to the Joker walking away from the hospital that is blowing up in the background...

Do I look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it. You know... I just "do" things... (RIP Heath Ledger)