US allows transgenders into military

So you were more progressive than us and we were more progressive than the spams so why start a thread saying the spams are more progressive than both of us?

You and I agree on a lot, but it really seems like you got out of bed the wrong side this morning.

It's a mistake. It's not a big deal. It's still nice to find out that the Yanks are starting to pull away from their puritanical theocratic instincts on this matter.

Women are not allowed.

Really? That is interesting. So if a woman wants to serve on the front line she could fake a gender crisis?

---------- Post added 30-06-2016 22:28 ----------

I have just googled and it seems as though transgenders can't. Though there are plans to allow them.

A transgender woman was on the front line in Afghanistan, and did a sterling job by all accounts http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2730340/Deborah-Penny-transgender-soldier-line-Army-history.html

Do you know what 'slowly becoming more liberal' means? Does it mean they already are? Grow up fella, pick a fight with someone you can take on.

'More liberal' could be Hitler feeling a bit guilty

'More liberal than Europe' what you said and a direct comparative.

A transgender woman was on the front line in Afghanistan, and did a sterling job by all accounts http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2730340/Deborah-Penny-transgender-soldier-line-Army-history.html

That's awesome :)

That is a genetic male though, not a lady. Ladies still can't fight on the front line. Though I remember last year reading that this could well change by the end of 2016.

It would seem as though in this respect at least, the Army treat people as their birth gender.