Gardening job - tools

It seems quite easy to pick up a few gardening jobs, I might never be a millionaire, but its flexible work, in between my proper job.

Do I buy all petrol tools, as my 2 stroke triton multi tool is is playing up.

Electric rarely goes wrong, or is it just because it was cheap?

I seem to like cutting edge and mowing, keeps me busy.

I have a £99 petrol mower, which seems ok. Hedges - pole trimmers, electric or petrol?

I should be handy with engines, but, 2 stroke starts ok but accelerates then cuts out, not had it long, it seems to work better upside down ;)

If you buy an electric mower make sure it has a large motor. I have a flymo hover mower that I bought in 1991 with an 1800w motor and it`s brilliant. Used every year. Electric mowers are lighter to move about such as lifting in and out of a vehicle.

Honda engine mowers are very reliable (4 stroke) and you would not burn one out like you can with electric mowers. The down side is that engine mowers are heavier to lift etc. The reliability of Honda comes at a price though £££

I`ve heard Stihl stuff is good.

Does the Triton struggle to rev?

If so it could be the spark arrestor screen in the exhaust.

By the way, petrol all the way.

Just watched youtube, they use a blow torch to clean the arrestor, I will buy a new one, might be cheaper than the gas.

I do think about getting the lightest, as I work from my car. I think petrol tools will be the best, once I get used to using them.

Not sure if I put too much oil in before. I like the multi-tool, but more than one tool for each job is good, in case of breakdowns. I have a good 40" bosch electric mower as spare.

---------- Post added 02-07-2016 at 12:08 ----------

Does the Triton struggle to rev?

If so it could be the spark arrestor screen in the exhaust.

By the way, petrol all the way.

Taken it to bits, and the screen looks ok.