Corporation rock club

bellis

is it any good ? .......just been on there site lookin at upcoming concerts ......suprised to see that blu cantrell is playing there as shes not rock ........anyway will it be like a normal concert or will it be like a club night ie having to get over dressed up:confused:

blu cantrell... please tell me you aren't going to that!! not rite sure why they are having her there because that is just kinda damaging the reputation of the place but...

gigs at the corporation are usually just pretty much wear what you want, you dont often see people over dressed on club nights!

cheap booze also on club nights..!!!

Originally posted by fnkysknky

How can you damage the reputation of a festering sh*t hole?

the festering sh*t hole must be doing something rite to get so many people in there 5 times a week!!

and the reputation that is being damaged is that of the corporation being a dedicated alternative music club, blu cantrell is hardly that alternative! even if it is a sh*t hole then it dont mean they dont play good music

I'm not saying anything against the music policy - it's not my cup of tea (although every so often they have a decent night like Insomniacz etc.) but I realise a lot of people enjoy it. What gets me is that the place is absolutely disgusting, it's a health hazard. Don't get me wrong I like dark, scruffy clubs (Arches is quality) but I don't like wading through a few inches of **** to get to the toilet etc. - hence it's reputation as a festering sh*t hole.

i didnt say a thing about the state of the club (which at gigs is actually a hell of a lot better as there is a hell of a lot less alcohol being consumed) so by all means make comments about the state of it because everyone that has been there on a club night will know how discusting it can get and im sure there aint nobody who can argue with that.. but if you are gonna, dont relate the comments to my post in the form of a question sugesting that what i have said is wrong plz.

In reply to the united-ite

Hmmm. . . . you bump into someone in the corporation by accident, spill a bit of their pint, they're appologising before you are. . .

You bump into someone in Kindom, you are lightley to be invited outside for exchanges of punches. . . and that without the spilling of the ale. . .

Don't be such a snob. . . The Corp rules. . . (it ruled more when it used to be at the side of Argos!!)

Originally posted by munky

In reply to the united-ite

Hmmm. . . . you bump into someone in the corporation by accident, spill a bit of their pint, they're appologising before you are. . .

You bump into someone in Kindom, you are lightley to be invited outside for exchanges of punches. . . and that without the spilling of the ale. . .

Don't be such a snob. . . The Corp rules. . . (it ruled more when it used to be at the side of Argos!!)

thanks for saying that btw.. i was gonna but i didnt wanna go against what i was saying because fnkysknky's post had no relevance to that.. but it is well true. the atmosphere in the corp is a hell of a lot better than in and club like kindom, so much more friendly. even some of my mates go that dont like the music or the state of it, just go because it is such a difference to getting dirty looks n gettin in the middle of fights!

Have to agree give me the corp over kindom anytime.

I have been several times and have never seen any trouble and most people appear to be out to have a good time while consuming a few beers :)

In my experience (being a little older) saturday night is the best,awesome rock music

I was their last night and had a great time.

Originally posted by munky

I don't think fnkysknky problem was with the people who go in the corp,i think its more to do with the place itself.The Corp crowd are a good bunch,i've been in there quite a few time and never seen any trouble and you do get a really good mix of poeple in there,its just that the place itself isnt to nice.The toilets in there are far beyond bad on a fri/sat night when i've been in,most of the time you have to take a good gulp of air before you go in.The place has got a reputation of being a bit of a s**thole,but that shouldn't reflect on the people who go in there.

Archived