Corporation rock club

bellis

Originally posted by munky

In reply to the united-ite

Hmmm. . . . you bump into someone in the corporation by accident, spill a bit of their pint, they're appologising before you are. . .

Don't be such a snob. . . The Corp rules. . . (it ruled more when it used to be at the side of Argos!!)

Not entirely true, not everyone is like that in corp (or any club), i've been going for 7 years and i have seen fights, people getting thrown out and people trying/failing to sneak in with things they shouldn't have, however the general crowd at corp are just there for the music (and a few drinks!), it is more relaxed than a lot of other places and i've been to nearly every club, all the major ones anyway.

On the music side of things I only really stick to the classic rock room, and over the past few months it's not been the same since before the new year. There's alot more late 90's-current music then before in that room, now I know times move on but I do like my 80's early 90's rock.

I will agree on that the place was better in the old Bank street building with the otherside bar next to it.:thumbsup:

Originally posted by panda79

where abouts is it then..... i no theres no box office to purchase tickets but theres various outlets across the city:confused:

It's on milton street.

Go to the forum bar and turn left after it (walk all the way down the hill), you will see the Devonshire cat pub, carry on down the hill and you will see the sign on the side of the building

Originally posted by panda79

where abouts is it then..... i no theres no box office to purchase tickets but theres various outlets across the city:confused:

go to jacks records or noise annoys to get tickets for gigs...

jacks records - if you walk up division street in the direction of devvy green then there is a turning to your left leading to a few small shops one of them being jacks records

Hmm, i don't think fnky would defend kingdom either somehow. I like a lot of different clubs, including corp. I really cannot stand kingdom, got dragged there again last week by mates and it just confirmed to me how bad the place is.

Is anyone familiar with Teflon?

They use it to coat non-stick pans. They use it in adventure clothing garments, as water simply beads and rolls off the surface. It is also used in certain types of grease, which is useful for coating bearings with. It creates a very smooth, water-repellant, slippery surface.

So which member of the Corporation management decided that it would be a good idea to coat the stairs in the stuff?!

Right at what point did I say anything about Kingdom? I hate the place just as much as you (in fact no probably a lot more than you). As for Corp. - Satan In Heels said Blu Cantrell would damage it's reputation - I replied that it had a reputation as a festering sh*t hole which it is, it's disgusting. At no point did I have a go at the music policy or the clientele - I've been (both where it is now and the old site + many times when it was the Unit) and I've had some good nights there but there's no denying the place needs cleaning in a big way and someone needs to call a plumber or 2.

Originally posted by jackthedog

Is anyone familiar with Teflon?

They use it to coat non-stick pans. They use it in adventure clothing garments, as water simply beads and rolls off the surface. It is also used in certain types of grease, which is useful for coating bearings with. It creates a very smooth, water-repellant, slippery surface.

So which member of the Corporation management decided that it would be a good idea to coat the stairs in the stuff?!

Ahhhh,never knew that. That would explain why i went flying down them that time!! (nothing to with the booze,i swear ;) )

Archived