Corporation rock club

bellis

Originally posted by evildrneil

The D+R is fab - but was of course better when it was the tut (cue nostalgia mode!) and had a super-sized Jenga game, twister painted on the floor in front of the bar and zebra stripe baise on the pool table!!!

Grrr I wanna go there again now!!!

sounds pretty cool, shame some of us aren't old enough to remeber that!

Yes I remember those days! Guess I am old!!!!

The mural is still there. Some of my friends are in that mural!

You should come down tonight because it's a celebration of the landlord (John) owning it for 5 years.

He kept it alternative when Whitbread left (taking the tut n shive name with them) :thumbsup:

In the Notices and Events section of the Forum I have placed a list of the live rock bands we have playing in April. So far we have 55 bands booked to play as well as a rock disco every night.

Classic Rock Bar

144 Ecclesall Road, next to the Shell petrol station.

5 minute walk from the Corporation (just to keep this post back on line with the thread!)

Originally posted by Foxxx

Yes I remember those days! Guess I am old!!!!

The mural is still there. Some of my friends are in that mural!

You should come down tonight because it's a celebration of the landlord (John) owning it for 5 years.

He kept it alternative when Whitbread left (taking the tut n shive name with them) :thumbsup:

Ooooh, ooh - what time and stuff?? I'll be there - and even wear my obvious red biker jacket so you can say hello or avoid me as you see fit ;)

Originally posted by Classic Rock

In the Notices and Events section of the Forum I have placed a list of the live rock bands we have playing in April. So far we have 55 bands booked to play as well as a rock disco every night.

Classic Rock Bar

144 Ecclesall Road, next to the Shell petrol station.

5 minute walk from the Corporation (just to keep this post back on line with the thread!)

LOL!!! In line with the thread....the thread is about corp! We've all gone off on a tangent about rock pubs now! Nice bit of advertising there though CR in your attempt at bringing the thread back!

The classic Rock bar is also very good, and as CR says, it is not far from corp so it's a good place to drink in before going down for a headbang!

Originally posted by evildrneil

Ooooh, ooh - what time and stuff?? I'll be there - and even wear my obvious red biker jacket so you can say hello or avoid me as you see fit ;)

It's just a normal pub night, open to the public and all that, so get there whenever. Think I'll be down about 8.30-9. John has been telling his friends to make sure they all come down tonight in particular to celebrate with him so there should be some old faces.

Hope you can come. I'll look out for the red jacket! No idea what I'll be wearing!

Can anyone tell me if corp is open tonight?? What night is it if it is? Not been on a school night since change of venue so I don't actually know if it's open or not! Got tomorrow off so would be fun to go tonight!

Originally posted by Albert Tross

My favorite boozer was the Yorkshiremans ,

always a good atmosphere.

I ran the Yorkshiremans with Sass for the six months before it changed name. We got it rocking again as it was in the old days before the refurb.

Then we took on the Classic Rock Bar.

Both pubs are near the Corporation (back on line again!) and are/were pre drinking holes.

no foxxx, i dont think corp is open tonight! monday, wednesday, friday and saturday it is open!

not been in dove for a couple of weeks now (mainly due to lack of funds because of being in either corp or dove every day nearly for too long!) may go down for a bit tonight tho, if i feel up to it by then and can find someone to go with!! X

Archived