Hi, this is about an NIP letter, advice needed plese, thanks

Police sent to my home address an 'NIP' letter, but NOT signed (neither type nor written signature) by the sender or police.

Is it still valid??

Will police send a second NIP then? thanks

Why do you think it needs signing by an individual ?

If you ask the police to send another one I am sure they will oblige

Police sent to my home address an 'NIP' letter, but NOT signed (neither type nor written signature) by the sender or police.

Is it still valid??

Will police send a second NIP then? thanks

ha ha yes ignore it !! so you think its not valid:hihi: of course its valid just wait for the follow up letter, i assume its for a motor offence??

Pretty sure it will still be valid - think I've seen ones before without any kind of signature

Why do you think it needs signing by an individual ?

If you ask the police to send another one I am sure they will oblige

because it asks the recipient to declare and sign the form and send it back in time, otherwise it's a second offence; so i am thinking if they need to sign as well to make a valid request by law

---------- Post added 01-07-2016 at 18:16 ----------

ha ha yes ignore it !! so you think its not valid:hihi: of course its valid just wait for the follow up letter, i assume its for a motor offence??

yes, it is :o

because it asks the recipient to declare and sign the form and send it back in time, otherwise it's a second offence; so i am thinking if they need to sign as well to make a valid request by law

What makes you think that - have you a link to a website that says this?

I've paid hundreds of bills in my life for various organisations I've worked for - can't recall any of them being signed.

I imagine you will find your answer on pepipoo.com

thanks Lex :)

---------- Post added 01-07-2016 at 18:48 ----------

What makes you think that - have you a link to a website that says this?

I've paid hundreds of bills in my life for various organisations I've worked for - can't recall any of them being signed.

my understanding is that if the form is not signed by the named recipient, so the information he provided in the form is invalid. thus it is an offence for failing to identify the driver of vehicle??

thanks Lex :)

---------- Post added 01-07-2016 at 18:48 ----------

my understanding is that if the form is not signed by the named recipient, so the information he provided in the form is invalid. thus it is an offence for failing to identify the driver of vehicle??

You could try the ECHR defense of right to protection from self incrimination.

It won't work.

Yes it's an offense.