Brexit referendum rerun

I've got no doubt we will leave. We have Tories in control who will be refusing to go to tne polls after installing a new PM with no mandate. Remember the way the Tories squealed when Brown became PM, how indignant they were that he never sought to renew Labour's mandate with himself at the helm?

The Tories will vote through whatever is needed to start the process. They won't go back to the polls before they do that because that risks the process being stopped. Their MPs will be easy to whip - one look at the map for remain areas and one look at the sea of Tory blue on the map from 2015 tells you that the Tory areas were heavily for Brexit. Even if a few Tory MPs rebel there is adequate Brexit support on the Labour benches to carry it through, and a load of MPs who can not be whipped because the Labour party in Westmister is in open warfare.

It will take something extraordinary to happen for us to stay now. I've accepted it. Let's make the best of it that we can and hopefully it won't be too bad.

I've got no doubt we will leave. We have Tories in control who will be refusing to go to tne polls after installing a new PM with no mandate. Remember the way the Tories squealed when Brown became PM, how indignant they were that he never sought to renew Labour's mandate with himself at the helm?

This was before the fixed term parliaments act.

Who says the leave campaign don't have a majority of people behind them now?

Young people that are moaning can shut up too, nothing stopped them voting, so why didn't they?

You lost get over it.

Attitudes like that displayed by both sides and now being used by those who "won" and now seem to find it perfectly acceptable to approach perfect strangers who don't happen to have white skin or speak the queens english and tell them to leave.

With so many seriously dishonest points made by both with a cavalier regard to the truth during the campaign I despair at the politics in this country - fast approaching the shining bastian of the west the good ol us of a where there is a real possibility the Donald might become president.

Its just a thought from the losers appealing for a re-vote after 1 million more people voted to leave.

SWFC only just lost in the play off final by 1 goal to nill so a very minute margin.I wonder if owls fans can be as daft and ask for a rematch.:loopy::loopy::hihi::hihi:

Like when United got an FA Cup replay because whinging whining Warnock was unhappy about Arsenal not passing the ball back?

You really are spectacular at making yourself look foolish.

Edited by Radan

Like when United got an FA cup replay because whinging whining Warnock was unhappy about Arsenal not passing the ball back?

You really are spectacular at making yourself look foolish.

Its nothing to do with footaball mate.it could have been any team.

It was a pisstake on the referendum voters wanting a rerun.

Now grow up little person!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh? It was an attempt at humour was it? Stick to the day job Ian; driving around in your vinyl van sneering at the foreign.

so it was ok cos it was Wednesday on your op Oo

The remain side was better funded than the leave side. They had plenty of resources to correct any spin or even deception by their opponents. Is there anybody who did not hear or read the £350m claim for example, taken apart on every day of the campaign?

The remain side was better funded than the leave side. They had plenty of resources to correct any spin or even deception by their opponents. Is there anybody who did not hear or read the £350m claim for example, taken apart on every day of the campaign?

i believe the leave side simply lied better and there was far more of the general public already ready to believe anything and everything about immigrants.

i believe the leave side simply lied better and there was far more of the general public already ready to believe anything and everything about immigrants.

You think the exaggeration over saved money was bigger than the threat of total warfare and complete economic collapse?

Everybody finds the dishonesty of their opponents more galling than of their compatriots. My instincts shouted "cheat" in the campaign, especially when there was state funded remain propaganda, then polling cards were sent to ineligible EU residents, and again when the voter registration deadline was extended by 2 days to make up for a 1 hour outage. But rational brain said that if we has a strong case we'd win anyway and we did.