Stones/tetley in city centre

jef51

I fancy having a stroll round the city centre one afternoon and have a pint while I'm there....trouble is , all the beer seems to be either John Smiths or the 'perfumed' real ale which I really don't like. I used to like stones and tetleys which I know I can still get in the suburbs, but I wondered if anyone knows if they are still sold in the city centre.

I fancy having a stroll round the city centre one afternoon and have a pint while I'm there....trouble is , all the beer seems to be either John Smiths or the 'perfumed' real ale which I really don't like. I used to like stones and tetleys which I know I can still get in the suburbs, but I wondered if anyone knows if they are still sold in the city centre.

Which 'suburbs' would they be Mr.j ?

Which 'suburbs' would they be Mr.j ?

The Birley hotel and Sherwood on Birley Moor Road at Frecheville still serve Stones, and the Swan and possibly Queens down Ridgeway used to, but I haven't been down there for a while.

---------- Post added 04-07-2016 at 08:38 ----------

You may find you enjoy some of the locally brewed ales if you stick to the more traditional brown malty bitters.

For example Andy ?

Wow... We really HAVE gone back to the 70s post-Brexit haven't we? :)

---------- Post added 04-07-2016 at 12:00 ----------

You may find you enjoy some of the locally brewed ales if you stick to the more traditional brown malty bitters.

This should be good... :)