Company introduces ‘English language-only’ rule for European workers

I'm sure you'd feel the same if you went to a different country to work and were required to speak the local language. You'd think it was discriminatory and pandered to the ignorance of the host country right?

Usually when a Brit goes to work in another Country, he/she goes alone and usually has to learn and speak the hosts Countries, language. Unlike many companies here hiring on mass through European agencies.

Yeah, it seems the PC brigade has been waving the race card in the company`s direction and they have backed down . shame , should have stood their ground.

To what end? Annoy the staff and cause more disharmony?

Yeah, it seems the PC brigade has been waving the race card in the company`s direction and they have backed down . shame , should have stood their ground.

A psychologist would have a field-day with your obvious statements of insecurity Penistone, but I don't think it would have helped the insecure sods in the company one iota whether their colleagues spoke Polish or English to each other, the Poles I know would happily tell you to your face that you should man up a bit, no need to do so in another language.

Usually when a Brit goes to work in another Country, he/she goes alone and usually has to learn and speak the hosts Countries, language. Unlike many companies here hiring on mass through European agencies.

So groups of people in a foreign country shouldn't need to learn the language compared to individuals that do?

I'm sure you'd feel the same if you went to a different country to work and were required to speak the local language. You'd think it was discriminatory and pandered to the ignorance of the host country right?

I worked in Germany for 6 months and they all spoke in English to me. :roll:

---------- Post added 06-07-2016 at 16:56 ----------

why? i wouldnt employ anyone who couldnt speak english well, for one thing its dangerous and a health and safety issue never mind the public facing point?:rolleyes:

An entirely different issue to a rule that demands speak english only. :huh:

---------- Post added 06-07-2016 at 16:57 ----------

So when you ring a Sheffield company, you are happy speaking to someone who cannot speak English ?

Or is there a hidden option....press 9 to speak to a troll translator.

:loopy::loopy::loopy:

Because warehouse operatives answer the phones to customers.

Not that anyone said they couldn't speak English, the rule is about them HAVING to speak English.

---------- Post added 06-07-2016 at 17:01 ----------

The brigade with any common sense more like. :roll:

I worked in Germany for 6 months and they all spoke in English to me. :roll:

---------- Post added 06-07-2016 at 16:56 ----------

An entirely different issue to a rule that demands speak english only. :huh:

---------- Post added 06-07-2016 at 16:57 ----------

Because warehouse operatives answer the phones to customers.

Not that anyone said they couldn't speak English, the rule is about them HAVING to speak English.

---------- Post added 06-07-2016 at 17:01 ----------

The brigade with any common sense more like. :roll:

No, the PC brigade