Inappropriate tattoos & thumb rings

I'm not sure what you mean.

I don't often wear a watch because I always break them.

you could have a watch tatooed on your wrist

tatoo fixers is a tv program from the channel 4/e4/more4 stable, a trio of renouned tatoo artistes correct poorly conceived and implented tatoos from random people who seemingly walk in from the street and who now regret having the mandarin pictogram for soup applied to their bums.

how to spend the rest of your life on the dole and on benefits

cover yourself with tattoos and go for an interview.

perhaps there not as daft as we think

dont know about that, plenty of the younglings i encounter at work have more ink on their bodies than in their pens

Although I like tattoos, and especially the 'old school' style, I can't help but think that certain people are just following the trend, and will live to regret their tattoos when, like the barbed wire, tribal tattoos and 'tramp stamps', they become naff in a couple of decades.

I am hesitant to get more tattoos (I have 3, all easily hidden) because I can't decide on a meaningful design that I want etched on my skin forever. Plus, it's a luxury I can't afford :(

I happen to like thumb rings :suspect:

Each to their own I suppose. I've had a few piercings in the past, but none at the moment. I have stretched earlobe piercings currently, but they're not big (some people have huge ones!) and will go back to normal when I choose to take them out.

Edited by Isabelle

It's all down to personal taste. I don't mind tattoos, some are beautifully done, but prefer the ones which can be hidden when necessary. I really don't like the recent fashion of having children's/partners name tattooed visibly. No problem with thumb rings, I've seen some lovely silver ones.

I'm quite fascinated, in a macabre sort of way, with what I believe are called flesh tunnels. These leave earlobes really distended, and I've seen quite a few young men with these recently. I haven't a clue why anyone might think they are remotely attractive, and I'd imagine some will want correctional surgery when they mature! l

It's all down to personal taste. I don't mind tattoos, some are beautifully done, but prefer the ones which can be hidden when necessary. I really don't like the recent fashion of having children's/partners name tattooed visibly. No problem with thumb rings, I've seen some lovely silver ones.

I'm quite fascinated, in a macabre sort of way, with what I believe are called flesh tunnels. These leave earlobes really distended, and I've seen quite a few young men with these recently. I haven't a clue why anyone might think they are remotely attractive, and I'd imagine some will want correctional surgery when they mature! l

I have seen TV programmes where people have had surgery to correct their stretched ear lobes. One girl managed to split her ear lobe so she had two dangly bits :gag:

I won't go any bigger than the size mine are now, mine should go back to normal, they start to shrink if I take the tunnels out for a short time.

They look kinda like this picture:

http://image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-photo-close-up-image-of-male-ear-with-flesh-tunnel-124098994.jpg

I don't have any either, or piercings and it does seem we are in the minority.

I agree that it is every individual's choice if they want to be tattooed or pierced but I do wonder what our generation is going to look like when we reach our 70's/80's and have got wrinkles and loose skin and the tattoos are all misshaped and possibly gone discoloured, but I guess you don't think about that when you're 18 and getting covered in ink.

Well, as someone said earlier: 'each to their own'. I don't really have a great deal of time to contemplate the personal choices of others.

I don't have any tattoos, and have no plans to get one. I do have a single piercing in each earlobe, a navel ring and a nose stud. I'm thinking about my tongue—but that may be one step too far.

I like my piercings. I'm a grown up: I'm allowed them.

S x

Is it just me or do people draw attention to themselves with inappropriate tattoos highlighting massive legs enormous bingo wings, why? and thumb rings what are they all about?

Erm, i wear a thumb ring!!! what the hell is wrong with that exactly??

it was bought for me on my 16th birthday by someone i loved very much and is no longer with us, i'm now 36 and i still wear it.. it has a lot of sentimental value..... :rant:

The calf muscle tattoo is really useful in my opinion. When its hot and everyone is wearing shorts, typically when you are on holiday, you can see these tattoos a mile off and know to avoid the person like the plague.

In a similar vein, when it's hot and sunny and my tattoos are visible for all to see, I have the assurance that they act as a usefull kind of repellant towards all the bigoted/small-minded/unintelligent/prejudiced individuals who might otherwise have tried to interact with me :)