Buying veg seedlings?

Can anyone tell me where we can still buy vegetable seedlings or small plants, ready to transplant into our new raised bed, please?

We went to two nurseries on Loxley Road yesterday, but both had got too late in the season for stocking them. We managed to get a couple of pepper plants, and that was it :|

Thanx

G

Guest sibon
Can anyone tell me where we can still buy vegetable seedlings or small plants, ready to transplant into our new raised bed, please?

We went to two nurseries on Loxley Road yesterday, but both had got too late in the season for stocking them. We managed to get a couple of pepper plants, and that was it :|

Thanx

G

Valley side at Crosspool had plenty in yesterday. They were in good condition too.

I would start planning for next year. You can plant onion and garlic in autumn to harvest early next year. Perhaps consider buying dwarf fruit trees or grow some as espalier or cordon which take up less space.

You can still sow and grow lettuce or raddish or micro green crops this year.

With the rain and not as much heat we found our runner beans and courgettes are nowhere near as good as usual.

Valley side at Crosspool had plenty in yesterday. They were in good condition too.

Ooh. Maybe there's still hope for me to get tomatoes or courgettes!

Most of my seedlings fell victim to the gastropods, despite all of my defensive strategies :mad:

Thanks for the tips :-) We wnt to the centre you suggested and got a few bits - chard, runner beans, turnip, purple broccolli, - we are going to have fun :-):cool:

---------- Post added 05-07-2016 at 21:14 ----------

Chez we already have some fruit trees, a peach and an apple, amongst others - we have managed to get NINE apples in our second year from a plant we bought unlabelled in the reject section for a fiver. Hopefully it will soon start paying for itself, ;-) We also have currants and berries. Hubby is just cooking some tayberries (so easy to grow) to make a fruit coulis, so the house smells lovely.

Thanx all :-)

Guest sibon
Ooh. Maybe there's still hope for me to get tomatoes or courgettes!

Most of my seedlings fell victim to the gastropods, despite all of my defensive strategies :mad:

Stil time to plant your own courgettes, Becky.

They had plenty of tomatoes. I had to buy some because all of mine are sick. All 50 plants:mad: