End of the line for Netto (again)

Will be sorry to see Netto close at Kilner way. The staff there are lovely and were shell shocked this morning - didn't open until 11am. They didn't tell us why but it was obvious they'd had bad news. Hope they find new jobs soon.

Best wishes to them.

I agree with you there. The staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them.

Its devastating to the staff no doubt and if Sainsburys have any shred of decency they will do all they can to make sure those staff are deployed elsewhere in the company where possible.

Absolutely. This is the real tragedy. I also really hope Sainsburys absorb them into the parent company.

Absolutely. This is the real tragedy. I also really hope Sainsburys absorb them into the parent company.

Sainburys should hang their head in shame - the staff are getting no help at all. It was said when Netto first opened that should it close, then yes they would be absorbed. Not even the managers who oversaw the opening etc are getting any help. Disgusting.

I rarely shop at Sainburys due to the high prices so they will gain no extra business from me.

Sainburys should hang their head in shame - the staff are getting no help at all. It was said when Netto first opened that should it close, then yes they would be absorbed. Not even the managers who oversaw the opening etc are getting any help. Disgusting.

I rarely shop at Sainburys due to the high prices so they will gain no extra business from me.

Who told you that? Its very different from the statements I have been reading?

Who told you that? Its very different from the statements I have been reading?

I spoke to a member of staff today and he said he had no idea what was going to happen to them, that Sainsbury's haven't said anything, had no job to go to either. Very sad, the people at the Queen's Road branch are some of the best shop staff I've ever come across. Hope they get sorted out soon.