EU Referendum, would you change your vote?

Would you change your vote in the 2016 EU referendum?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Would you change your vote in the 2016 EU referendum?

• Yes: Change from Leave to Remain.
    • Yes: Change from Remain to Leave.
    • No: I voted to Leave and I'm happy with my decision.
    • No: I voted to Remain and I'm happy with my decision.
    • N/A: I didn't vote.

It's irrelevant, though. We're not a 'pick-and-mix' assortment wherein each of the UK's four nations- or individual cities- can opt to remain or leave. The UK as a whole either remains or leaves; and the Referendum decided 'Leave'. So that's that.

Not arguing with that. Just pointing out Foxy's ignorance. He must be getting used to being wrong now. I do wonder why she bothers.

49% voted remain. Quite easy maths Foxy. And more than 30% that said they would on here. So the SF is hardly representative of Sheffield, is it? Which was my point.

Perhaps you should check the referendum result more closely because you are wrong. What about Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, Norwich, Liverpool, Manchester etc?

It seems to me you know sod all.

Indeed it is simple maths. So when you say only 51% voted to leave what you meant was 51% voted to leave and only 49% voted to remain.

I know enough to know which side won and which side didn't. So if places like London, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar all voted to remain by a margin, and the country still voted leave, then the rest of the country voted leave by quite a margin. It's quite simple if you have the aptitude to work it out, which clearly you don't.

Edited by foxy lady

It's all about relative size isn't it, so...

(That's with us included of course).

So... even after we take our 3 trillion away from the 18.5 trillion of the EU. 15.5 is still a much bigger number.

So nothing. They'll pay nothing to access our market, they will expect full, free access and a payment from us, if we wish to access their market.

As was always obvious.

---------- Post added 05-07-2016 at 11:44 ----------

Sure. Apart from the posters that said it.

Tell us, is there any promise from the leave campaign that hasn't been reneged on yet? :suspect:

Which poster was that.

Indeed it is simple maths. So when you say only 51% voted to leave what you meant was 51% voted to leave and only 49% voted to remain.

I know enough to know which side won and which side didn't. So if places like London, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar all voted to remain by a margin, and the country still voted leave, then the rest of the country voted leave by quite a margin. It's quite simple if you have the aptitude to work it out, which clearly you don't.

And the margins in Bristol, Liverpool etc? You are quite wrong about there being only large remain margins in the places you listed. Suggest you read up on it.

I want a re-run of last weeks Lotto, I picked the wrong numbers, think they will go for it. Seems a few on here think they may.

The lottery is drawn twice a week and there's nothing to stop you playing the same numbers each time.

Try a better analogy.

I want a re-run of last weeks Lotto, I picked the wrong numbers, think they will go for it. Seems a few on here think they may.

If when you picked your numbers you were told to choose between 1-50 but when the draw happened the numbers were from 1-100, you would have reason to feel a grievance. The Leave campaign was based on lies and fear. So far, the predictions of the Remain campaign have come true, while others will take longer to come to pass.

A poll would be interesting - as I see the media comments but don't personally know anyone who has admitted voter remorse

Personally voted to stay, would again

I know at least one, possibly two, have said they voted to leave but rather wish they hadn`t.

---------- Post added 06-07-2016 at 09:35 ----------

Unfortunately I don`t think this poll is going to tell anyone very much. You`ve got to bear in mind that the SF poll "How will you vote in the referendum" was heavily (and incorrectly) biased in favour of leave. In that poll 68% said they`d vote to leave and only 38% said they`d vote to stay. In Sheffield it was actually about 50/50. Even in the country as a whole it was only 52/48.

Thus, there is either an unrepresentative number of leavers on SF or they`re fiddling the figures somehow.

Edited by Justin Smith

If when you picked your numbers you were told to choose between 1-50 but when the draw happened the numbers were from 1-100, you would have reason to feel a grievance. The Leave campaign was based on lies and fear. So far, the predictions of the Remain campaign have come true, while others will take longer to come to pass.

Yes but this was no 1/50 or 1/100 vote. This was a 1/2 vote and it was clear what we were voting for, it was written on the paper.

Every political campaign is based on lies and fear. Fortunately the British people saw through that, and the proof of that is that they did not succumb to the threats from Cameron and Osborne, so trying to say that they voted based on lies and fear doesn't stand up to scrutiny. I certainly didn't, quite the opposite. Did the British people fall for the BS that we would 'go to the back of the queue' from the US? Hell no. We are far more astute than that, so please stop patronising us, we are perfectly capable of speaking for ourselves.

Here's the latest on the Remain campaign:

German minister admits Osborne recruited Germany to SCARE Britain into Remain vote

GEORGE Osborne secretly recruited Germany to help try to brow beat Brits into voting to stay in the EU, Berlin has confessed.

Powerful finance minister Wolfgang Schäuble made the extraordinary admission, even saying the Chancellor told him exactly what to say.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1390808/wolfgang-schauble-germany-spills-the-beans-on-chancellor-admitting-threats-were-only-made-because-osborne-asked-them-to/

Edited by Lex Luthor

It would have been better if both sides had been honest. Of course it would.

But the claims of both sides were heavily dissected by the media, and by their opponents. As a leaver, I found the dishonesty of the remain side angering, and I'm sure it was the same going the other way.

It's over now. Move on. You don't see me whinging about the AV referendum result.