EU Referendum, would you change your vote?

Would you change your vote in the 2016 EU referendum?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Would you change your vote in the 2016 EU referendum?

• Yes: Change from Leave to Remain.
    • Yes: Change from Remain to Leave.
    • No: I voted to Leave and I'm happy with my decision.
    • No: I voted to Remain and I'm happy with my decision.
    • N/A: I didn't vote.

Perhaps we can agree that Brexit itself has worried the markets and the talking down of a post-Brexit economy both before and after the referendum have exacerbated matters substantially.

Definitely. Brexit, we expected would effect the economy negatively at least in the short term. This fear and awe as a Remain campaign tool we expected would be left at the door on our way out.

Perhaps we can agree that Brexit itself has worried the markets and the talking down of a post-Brexit economy both before and after the referendum have exacerbated matters substantially.

Not making good on Article 50 ASAP,is a pro Brexit decision,so any uncertainty caused by this in the markets or business is not being done by talking down the economy or a fear tactic.......when more is known about the UK position,how do we know that the markets and business will not be further spooked,without any fear,just the reality of the UK position?

Brexiters like Liam Fox have stated that controlling immigration trumps everything,and hang the consequences of even the UK being part of the EU single market.........how do we know that positions taken by him and others that think like him are not spooking markets and business,and are the reason for the slide in the pound and other market uncertainty?

Edited by chalga

Not making good on Article 50 ASAP,is a pro Brexit decision,so any uncertainty caused by this in the markets or business is not being done by talking down the economy or a fear tactic.......when more is known about the UK position,how do we know that the markets and business will not be further spooked,without any fear,just the reality of the UK position?

Brexiters like Liam Fox have stated that controlling immigration trumps everything,and hang the consequences of even the UK being part of the EU single market.........how do we know that positions taken by him and others that think like him are spooking markets and business,and are the reason for the slide in the pound and other market uncertainty?

That's very difficult to follow.

Are you saying that you blame the pro-Brexit politicians for the market uncertainty across the board?

That is not it at all. Everyone with a vested interest in imports and exports, free movement, international education etc etc etc now wants to know what is going to happen. And, given that the Brexit leaders such as Boris have stated it wasn't for them to come up with an actual exit plan (!) the only answer that Government can give is 'Nothing will change in the immediate future but all these things will need to be negotiated'. This is not a reassuring answer, which is why the markets continue to stall and the pound continues to crumble.

People have said 'It's been 2 weeks and the world hadn't ended'. Inside Government the feeling is pretty different to that. No-one is making decisions yet. No-one is giving answers. They are all frantically working on what the quick fixes are and timelining the most important areas to address. Meanwhile the currentcy for your holiday this year is going to cost you a whole lot more. As supplies we imported pre-Brexit start to run out prices of absolutely everything else we import will start to go up. Businesses will fail. Investment will stall. By Christmastime a lot of people could be quite a lot worse off. That's what you get for voting for something that had no plan.

Don't get me wrong I understand why people voted to leave. If you're struggling to make ends meet and your life feels pretty cr@p then you might as well vote for change. But you have to be prepared for that to be a change for the worse. At least ober the next few years.

That's very difficult to follow.

Are you saying that you blame the pro-Brexit politicians for the market uncertainty across the board?

Seeing as Brexit is the reason that markets and businesses are moving as they are,and they can hear what pro Brexit ministers are saying,yes I am saying that.

I personally think it would have been better to have had 4 choices.

• Leave entirely, no more connections to the EU.
  • Leave but remain part of the economic union (Norway/Switzerland model)
  • Remain but stay as we are and legislate for no further integration or monetary union
  • Remain with ever closer ties/become part of the monetary union.

This would have given everyone a choice rather than the narrow remit we had. Whichever had the most votes would have been the way the country went.

You missed one to please the Brexiters:

Remain, but as leaders of the EU. We need to teach Johnny Foreigner that we won WW2 and are therefore their lords and masters.

Most outers knew that it wouldn't be all plain sailing and the economy would suffer immediately afterwards ..... anybody who thought it was all going to be hunky dory needs their head testing. We don't mind having to tighten our belts, we've had to do it in the past, that's life. What we voted for is a better say in our future .. not living in a dictatorship which is what the EU was becoming. We're looking forward not back and although it's a rocky road at present, we'll benefit in the long run.

Most outers knew that it wouldn't be all plain sailing and the economy would suffer immediately afterwards ..... anybody who thought it was all going to be hunky dory needs their head testing. We don't mind having to tighten our belts, we've had to do it in the past, that's life. What we voted for is a better say in our future .. not living in a dictatorship which is what the EU was becoming. We're looking forward not back and although it's a rocky road at present, we'll benefit in the long run.

If you think the EU was turning into a dictatorship you seriously have not looked into how the EU is run and elected.

There is no better known or recognised mandate than a majority decision in a referendum.

This is why Article 50 needed to be triggered straight after the referendum. The longer this is left, the more uncertainty we have. This is why Cameron should have not resigned, thus bringing more uncertainty and instability. This is why the economic fear campaign that was put about by the Remain camp before the referendum and continues, including by the government, big business and the media, talking down the economy needs to stop as it just serves to cause further damage.

What is happening is the unknown caused by the decision to leave. What "should" happen is irrelevant. Leavers voted for uncertainty. That is what we are getting.