EU Referendum, would you change your vote?

Would you change your vote in the 2016 EU referendum?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Would you change your vote in the 2016 EU referendum?

• Yes: Change from Leave to Remain.
    • Yes: Change from Remain to Leave.
    • No: I voted to Leave and I'm happy with my decision.
    • No: I voted to Remain and I'm happy with my decision.
    • N/A: I didn't vote.

Guest sibon
Do you mind if I ask you how you have felt it personally?

Anyone with a mortgage has benefitted from low interest rates, partially as a result of QE.

QE also stimulates growth in our economy, by making credit more readily available. That growth makes us all richer.

Of course, some benefit more than others, but there can be no doubt that we'd all be worse off now if QE hadn't been deployed.

QE also stimulates growth in our economy, by making credit more readily available. That growth makes us all richer.

The idea is that it stimulates growth in the economy but we have had little as in reality it stimulates profits for the banks and shareholders. So getting into debt and having easy credit makes us all richer?

Guest sibon
The idea is that it stimulates growth in the economy but we have had little as in reality it stimulates profits for the banks and shareholders. So getting into debt and having easy credit makes us all richer?

Maybe you should consider what our economy would be like if credit was difficult to get.

Maybe you should consider what our economy would be like if credit was difficult to get.

Some of the economic problems we have had in the past was precisely down to the fact that credit was easy to get. Giving out easy credit also leads to many people being badly in debt and having to go to debt consolidation agencies to help them.

Anyone with a mortgage has benefitted from low interest rates, partially as a result of QE.

Of course, some benefit more than others, but there can be no doubt that we'd all be worse off now if QE hadn't been deployed.

Thank you for your answer.

I'm not entirely convinced (that's not personal) but you have given me a basis to explore further. Thank you. :)

Most outers knew that it wouldn't be all plain sailing and the economy would suffer immediately afterwards ..... anybody who thought it was all going to be hunky dory needs their head testing. We don't mind having to tighten our belts, we've had to do it in the past, that's life. What we voted for is a better say in our future .. not living in a dictatorship which is what the EU was becoming. We're looking forward not back and although it's a rocky road at present, we'll benefit in the long run.

I'll tell you what,it damn well better be better,for millions,and not just by a little bit or a statistic telling you you are better off,but by a tangible life changing amount that these millions can actually see in a greatly improved quality of life............let's see how long they are going to wait before they start asking questions as to when it will happen,or why it hasn't already happened.

Patience dear, patience............. Rome wasn't built in a day, good things come to those who wait etc. etc. :)

Voters who voted in the 1975 referendum felt duped because they believed they were voting to stay in the common market for trade purposes rather than political union and had to wait over 40 years to vote again. At the end of the day those complaining about the referendum result this time around are just sore losers.

Tough luck to those who are unhappy.

Voters who voted in the 1975 referendum felt duped because they believed they were voting to stay in the common market for trade purposes rather than political union and had to wait over 40 years to vote again. At the end of the day those complaining about the referendum result this time around are just sore losers.

Tough luck to those who are unhappy.

Its not and if you think that you have not listed to a single argument from the remain side. Those who voted to remain did so for many reasons and are unhappy as the lies told by the Leave group are coming to light. Leave said Remain was running a fear campaign but drop its focus on economics as they were losing the argument. An argument that has since been proven to be correct. Leave then shifted its focus to immigration, which gave legitimacy to the bigots and racists.

Im not a sore loser, I know that being an EU citizen has been stolen from me, by a group of people who within their number have bigots, racists and down right liars. Im mad that a generation that has taken all the benefits of being part of the EU has now removed these benefits from their children, grandchildren and future generations. They took the best jobs, the best houses, the best pensions and now the largest trading block in the world and all for what? They don't know.

As a side note I'm also mad that just 36% of 18-24 voted and if they had turned out in the same number as the 45-54 year olds: 75%, 55-64 year olds: 81% and those 65+: 83%, the result could have been very different.

"We have had the biggest monetary stimulus that the world must have ever seen, and we still have not solved the problem of weak demand. The idea that monetary stimulus after six years ... is the answer doesn't seem (right) to me," said Mervin King, the ex head of the Bank of England.

Britain's richest 5% gained most from quantitative easing – Bank of England

Bank report to MPs reveals.

It may help our economy as a whole, but it helps the rich, the poor suffer because they own very few assets that can increase in value.

QE HELPS THE RICH.