EU Referendum, would you change your vote?

Would you change your vote in the 2016 EU referendum?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Would you change your vote in the 2016 EU referendum?

• Yes: Change from Leave to Remain.
    • Yes: Change from Remain to Leave.
    • No: I voted to Leave and I'm happy with my decision.
    • No: I voted to Remain and I'm happy with my decision.
    • N/A: I didn't vote.

sigh. ignorance is no defence :roll:

"Lets give our NHS the £350 Million the EU takes every week"

http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/1019912/stream_img.jpg

I wonder how many people this poster swayed into voting OUT from voting IN?

Do you think it's a lot? I don't.

As I said in the other thread, if I thought the country was going to put all this [potential] money into the NHS I could have changed my vote.

Unlucky really for REMAINERS that Labour are finished as they probably could have easily swayed the vote in favour of REMAIN. The lefties on here (plenty of them) who are annoyed with the result can look directly at Labour to blame, never mind blaming the OUT voters/campaingers.

While we're at it, how many voted REMAIN because of the lies that their campaign said (to appeal to lefties) by saying

'a vote for OUT is a vote for BJ for PM'

'a vote for OUT is voting with the nasties like GOVE/IDS/BORIS'

'a vote for OUT is a vote for the end of workers rights'

I could find you probably 100 claims like this just on this forum alone.

Can you address these lies/scaremongering, since people just keep starting new threads to avoid answering points in others :D

Perhaps there were too many words in it, and an image would have worked better? :D

That reminds me of a propaganda poster I saw last night on The World at War! :o

Do people actually read political posters anyway and influenced by them?

Yes, I might see a Labour or Tory one and it looks as you expect, but does anyone look at a poster and change their mind?

My economic and political views are quite entrenched in my brain, and though I'm still open minded, a silly poster wouldn't suddenly alter my entire being!

Did Icleand cheat? Because many feel the Leave campaign lied which in this context would be cheating.

The Conservatives lied to get in power last election. They said they'd get immigration down to 100,000 per year, last year it was 500,000. If we start having re-runs of votes because we were lied to, I'm looking forward to the re-runs of all the General Elections I've voted in in my life time. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to sue and claim my losses back.

Electoral cheating is the government unfairly using their influence to persuade voters to vote in a certain manner, including threats and intimidation, including using the premises of 10 Downing Street so they are visible to the people in attempts to persuade voters to vote in a certain manner in the immediate run up to a referendum - check.

Electoral cheating is using public money to give one side the upper hand - check.

Electoral cheating is extending pre-determined deadlines of registration by a time that is not commensurate with the time claimed 'lost' to voters - check.

Electoral cheating is using your power in government, (and of course the most revered positions of office of all in government are that of the Prime Minister, and then The Chancellor) the media, big business and other bodies in an attempt to overturn the results of a vote - check.

Electoral cheating is going to the polls until you get the results that you want - and the jury is still out on that one.

Everyday we are looking more and more like one of those 'fantastically corrupt' countries, David Cameron so loves.

I can sympathise that you do want to Remain but please be very careful of 'how' you go about trying to overturn that democratic decision because you threaten the most important thing in the world - democracy - and without that, we have all lost.

So they got the arm and the UK is going to saw off a leg.

Nice poster.

Well if all these body parts are going to get sawn off, perhaps we should push the OUT brigade to get this 350m into the NHS after all :D

---------- Post added 05-07-2016 at 12:33 ----------

If we start having re-runs of votes because we were lied to, I'm looking forward to the re-runs of all the General Elections I've voted in in my life time. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to sue and claim my losses back.

:hihi: If we discuss every politician lie in here, the servers will explode :D

I can sympathise that you do want to Remain but please be very careful of 'how' you go about trying to overturn that democratic decision because you threaten the most important thing in the world - democracy - and without that, we have all lost.

Yes. The rent-a-riot could do with reading this.

The Conservatives lied to get in power last election. They said they'd get immigration down to 100,000 per year, last year it was 500,000. If we start having re-runs of votes because we were lied to, I'm looking forward to the re-runs of all the General Elections I've voted in in my life time. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to sue and claim my losses back.

Electoral cheating is the government unfairly using their influence to persuade voters to vote in a certain manner, including threats and intimidation, including using the premises of 10 Downing Street so they are visible to the people in attempts to persuade voters to vote in a certain manner in the immediate run up to a referendum - check.

Electoral cheating is using public money to give one side the upper hand - check.

Electoral cheating is extending pre-determined deadlines of registration by a time that is not commensurate with the time claimed 'lost' to voters - check.

Electoral cheating is using your power in government, (and of course the most revered positions of office of all in government are that of the Prime Minister, and then The Chancellor) the media, big business and other bodies in an attempt to overturn the results of a vote - check.

Electoral cheating is going to the polls until you get the results that you want - and the jury is still out on that one.

Everyday we are looking more and more like one of those 'fantastically corrupt' countries, David Cameron so loves.

We can argue until the cows come home but that won't change your accusations to facts. Vote leave has been caught with its pants down with its claims. This list is in part the same things said different ways and has been disregarded by the authorities.

Youre going over the top a bit here. .

I didn't think I was. I was just stating what your words implied and giving you the opportunity to clarify.

The media does present information on many sides of an argument and is regulated.

The media is largely unregulated (far too largely in my opinion even as a liberal) and usually only is brought to account via hugely expensive private prosecutions when personal loss or injury as a result can be proved unequivocally.

I get my information from a mirade of sources on all sides of an argument. ....

Can you supply alternative sources of information that is not in the "media"?.

It is you who has said that you go along with things unless you see proof of any different, and it is you who says you get your information from a mirade (sic) of sources. I have no doubt that you have the intelligence to use the internet effectively, to sort the wheat from the chaff and to read between the lines when you want to.

Sometimes (and you should learn this) silence speaks more than a thousand words, especially from certain members of political classes.

That's a very ambiguous statement, and depending on how it is read, prompts different responses:

a) I don't believe everything I'm told. I know how to read between the lines and I know when I'm been fed bull.

or

b) I'm sure you'd love me to learn this, and keep my mouth shut, along with all the other people who voted to leave, so that you and others can put words in our mouths, like 'voter regret'. You have proved in this thread why Leavers need to keep shouting from the rooftops, ' no regrets here, I still want to leave'. We can't be silent because being silent just leads to having words put in your mouth.

or

c) When good men are silent, evil prevails.

As I'm unsure what you mean here, I'm unsure as to which answer would be most suitable.

This has been my finding when talking to people about why they voted to leave. None as yet have been able to give a thought out reason other than regurgitating the headline soundbites from Farage, Boris etc.

What do Brexiters and cats have in common?

They constantly cry to be let out. Yet when you open the door, they just sit there and stare at it. :)

What do Brexiters and cats have in common?

They constantly cry to be let out. Yet when you open the door, they just sit there and stare at it. :)

Very constructive funny. We're scratching on the door but it's still locked our master doesn't want to let us out, so he's pretending he's not heard anything and burying his head in the pillow only coming up for air when he lets out the occasional shout that 'Billy Dark and the Bogeyman will get us if we go outside'.

Edited by Lex Luthor