Beighton Gala in July - Please read!

sugar lump

Hi I help organise the Beighton gala every year . Will people give me their views on it please - good or bad .

ps if you have not been before please come ! It starts at 11.45 - thats when the 16 lorry parade starts. Its at the Beighton miners welfare club field (sports n leisure)

on Sat 8 july 2006 - its fab! It's the biggest free village gala in sheffield. Last year we had 7000 visitors ! come theres loads 2 see and buy thanx Ellen

If you would like to book a stall (charities and voluntary organizations are free) or find out more email me ellen_higginbottom@hotmail.co.uk for details

Hi i help organise the beighton gala evry year will people give me there veiws on it please good or bad .

ps if uve not been before come it starts at 11.45 thats when the 16 lorry paraed starts its at the beighton miners welfere club field (sports n lesure)

on 8 july 2006 its fab its the biggest free village gala in sheffield last year we had 7000 visitors come theres loads 2 c n buy

thanx Ellen

if u would like to book a stall charetys (free) or find out more email me ellen_higginbottom@hotmail.co.uk for details

Hi Sugar Lump I have never been to the Beighton Gala before, it sounds like you all do a great job and it is a well supported event.

the only observation I can make is in the posting of your message is your keyboard missing some letters ? or have the little stickers come off of the top of them ?? we have all the letters needed to write full words and sentences here on the forum, no need for abbreviated texting words, "say it like it is"

OK M8

Hi i help organise the beighton gala evry year will people give me there veiws on it please good or bad .

ps if uve not been before come it starts at 11.45 thats when the 16 lorry paraed starts its at the beighton miners welfere club field (sports n lesure)

on 8 july 2006 its fab its the biggest free village gala in sheffield last year we had 7000 visitors come theres loads 2 c n buy

thanx Ellen

if u would like to book a stall charetys (free) or find out more email me ellen_higginbottom@hotmail.co.uk for details

hiya sugerlump i lived in beighton all my life before movin to ireland and i have to say beighton gala is a great day out if the weather is nice do u know a family called the hubble family well i am lisa hubble daughter of colin hubble x x x

Higginbottom... was there ever someone, either teacher or pupil, at Brook House called Higginbottom??? Cos I swear I recognise that name.

I used to live in Beighton about ten years ago. I'm 18 now, so I will have been in Year 4 when I left.

Oh the memories!

:D GiLdeRoF

• 3 weeks later...
Hi I help organise the Beighton gala every year . Will people give me their views on it please - good or bad .

ps if you have not been before please come ! It starts at 11.45 - thats when the 16 lorry parade starts. Its at the Beighton miners welfare club field (sports n leisure)

on Sat 8 july 2006 - its fab! It's the biggest free village gala in sheffield. Last year we had 7000 visitors ! come theres loads 2 see and buy thanx Ellen

If you would like to book a stall (charities and voluntary organizations are free) or find out more email me ellen_higginbottom@hotmail.co.uk for details[/quote

well done helen

please can you tell me how the prize money is worked out then ?

I have had a go on the 50/50 draw for the last couple of years and the prize has always seemed small as you say there are a lot of people on the field and i know from attending other gala's that prize money is usually in the £500 region.!!!!!

As an example I and my family spent £5.00 on tickets so even if half the 7000 people had a go at a £1 each that would mean £3500 meaning a prize of about £1750 pounds !!!!!!!!!

I would be interested to know therfore how you decide what the prize is to be

Heather

Archived