Why I will NEVER donate to a food bank

Saw a clip several years ago, the interviewer asked one guy why he was using a food bank? He replied that he had TV licence arrears and that if he failed to pay them he would end up going to prison.

In my humble opinion that is disgusting. People should not have to fund the biased BBC under threat of court and then imprisonment when they are then having to use food banks to survive.

Trussell Trust also charge around £1,000 a year to food banks so at least one "charitable" organisation is profiting from this.

Cue the slagging off...

Saw a clip several years ago, the interviewer asked one guy why he was using a food bank? He replied that he had TV licence arrears and that if he failed to pay them he would end up going to prison.

I once had a Vauxhall, should I view all Vauxhalls based on one experience?

Guest sibon

I thik that it is a disgrace that stories like this are not being reported by mainstream media.

I've even searched under "Austrian News" on the BBC website, but there is no mention of any food bank/ TV license conflict.

It is a discrace:rant:

I once had a Vauxhall, should I view all Vauxhalls based on one experience?

They're everywhere though, haven't you noticed. They are TAKING OVER and until this country uses some COMMON SENCE we will be living under Zafira Law before you know it. One of them shagged my Focus you know.

In my humble opinion that is disgusting. People should not have to fund the biased BBC under threat of court and then imprisonment when they are then having to use food banks to survive.

Trussell Trust also charge around £1,000 a year to food banks so at least one "charitable" organisation is profiting from this.

Cue the slagging off...

Why cnat they organise their finances, so they pay their TV licence? They dont have to have a TV.

Trussell charges the money to help with its running costs. Yes it actuallu costs them money to run a charity.

A foodbank doesnt have to join, but if they do they get to use the Trussell expertise, branding and they also get given the money back in grants and stock.

Nobody is forcing you to donate.

Do you volunteer or is it all outrage?

Cue the slagging off...

Would it be ok if you thought the BBC wasn't in your opinion biased?

Why cnat they organise their finances, so they pay their TV licence? They dont have to have a TV.

Trussell charges the money to help with its running costs. Yes it actuallu costs them money to run a charity.

A foodbank doesnt have to join, but if they do they get to use the Trussell expertise, branding and they also get given the money back in grants and stock.

Nobody is forcing you to donate.

Do you volunteer or is it all outrage?

In one and bagged. Well spotted sir.

Cue the slagging off...

I noticed Iceland were selling spatchcock chickens. Curious about this I looked it up and it turns out they are teenage chickens. I was so enraged the next day I cancelled my holiday in Reykjavik. I'll never shop in Iceland again.

I noticed Iceland were selling spatchcock chickens. Curious about this I looked it up and it turns out they are teenage chickens. I was so enraged the next day I cancelled my holiday in Reykjavik. I'll never shop in Iceland again.

I had a bad experience in a shop several years ago. Naturally I have not set foot in a shop since, and have survived adequately on a diet of spiders and righteous indignation since. This has saved me a not inconsiderable amount of money, but that Tracey in Co-op Bank looked at me funny in 2003 so I'm afraid it'll have to stay there.