Chilcot report.

Phil, why send me a link to Wiki?

The Arab Spring started in Tunisia as I have stated before. The Tunisian Revolution was not due to the War in Iraq.

You have sent one link to back your claim, a New Yorker article that actually says the exact opposite.

The Wiiki was a link to a link this guys time line seem a bit wrong, but show a coloration, to our input into the region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fouad_Hussein#First_phase.2C_.22The_Awakening.22

England? He sent the British Army to war. 179 British soldiers perished.

The invasion was backed by MPs. Many voted against, more didn't.

Blair is ultimately responsible but it is not his mistake alone.

Who do you think told these MPs before they went out to vote that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction? MPs voted on the information that Blair gave them.

The Wiiki was a link to a link this guys time line seem a bit wrong, but show a coloration, to our input into the region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fouad_Hussein#First_phase.2C_.22The_Awakening.22

So to be clear: do you think the War in Iraq was a good thing because it caused the Arab Spring or a bad thing because it caused the Arab Spring?

Does it not bother you that your one link you sent me to back your assertion actually does the exact opposite?

Please return to the shallow end of the pool Phil.

---------- Post added 06-07-2016 at 23:34 ----------

Who do you think told these MPs before they went out to vote that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction? MPs voted on the information that Blair gave them.

Are MPs incapable of asking to see the data that Tony Blair had?

All I can see is that they cocked up on the intelligence not being brilliant, they werent prepared when they went in and they didnt plan the aftermath. All that is in hindsight.

I can't agree with this. It is basic planning. What sort of person would send their armed forces to war unprepared or without a plan for the aftermath?

First day of the Somme 60,000 casualties.

The Iraq war over 1,000,000 casualties.

oh, and the truth.

But I do find, on the 100 year Anniversary of the Somme, sadly many similarities. It seems lessons will never be learned.

Edited by Lex Luthor

I can't agree with this. It is basic planning. What sort of person would send their armed forces to war unprepared or without a plan for the aftermath?

The Iraq war over 1,000,000 casualties.

oh, and the truth.

They had a plan. It was inadequate. The militray made mistakes.

You cant put all the casualties down to the UK or Blair.

Cant say i'm sad Saddam has gone.

This is obfuscation though. Yes they had a plan, the point is that it was woefully inadequate and they had been told it was inadequate by people they should have put some faith in. Therefore saying 'they had a plan' is not the relevant point. I believe the military followed the plan, so again it's a diversion to say 'the military made mistakes'. If you can show they deviated from the plan, it's a fair comment.

And of course no-one is sad that Saddam has gone but again that is not the point. The point is, was all the other stuff worth it to get rid of him. You seem to be making tangential points to avoid having to face up to Blair just getting it massively wrong.

At the very least UK casualties. We didn't need to be there. As much of swine saddam was he's hardly streets ahead of every other despot. I don't know who was in charge of darfur and we didn't lift a finger. Sri Lanka slaughtered thousands at the end of the civil war and we were still playing them at cricket!

There are many bad men running countries. What made saddam more worthy than everyone else to get invaded?

At the very least UK casualties. We didn't need to be there. As much of swine saddam was he's hardly streets ahead of every other despot. I don't know who was in charge of darfur and we didn't lift a finger. Sri Lanka slaughtered thousands at the end of the civil war and we were still playing them at cricket!

There are many bad men running countries. What made saddam more worthy than everyone else to get invaded?

That is the $64,000 question.

We stood up to America before in refusing to go into Vietnam. They didn't help us out in the Falklands.

Maybe, because Bush Jnr was so gung-ho and old Maggie had got the US on board for Round One, Tony Blair felt obligated.....

So to be clear: do you think the War in Iraq was a good thing because it caused the Arab Spring or a bad thing because it caused the Arab Spring?

Does it not bother you that your one link you sent me to back your assertion actually does the exact opposite?

Please return to the shallow end of the pool Phil.

---------- Post added 06-07-2016 at 23:34 ----------

Are MPs incapable of asking to see the data that Tony Blair had?

I believe that our interference in Iraq was a causal effect of the unrest in the whole region, Our attempt to have elections, to put a pro western puppet government. Sparked other region to seek the same.

I know that it started in Tunisia, by a poor market trader setting fire to himself, because a female police office had slapped or chastised him, which in their world was utter humiliating. However it was the young students that picked up on it.

Sparks lead to sparks

Edited by phil752

I believe that our interference in Iraq was a causal effect of the unrest in the whole region, Our attempt to have elections, to put a pro western puppet government. Sparked other region to seek the same.

I know that it started in Tunisia, by a poor market trader setting fire to himself, because a female police office had slapped or chastised him, which in their world was utter humiliating. However it was the young students that picked up on it.

Ahh, so you don't think it's anything to do with Turkey?

And that a man self-immolating is not due to the Iraq War?