Chilcot report.

No I don't he was a guy with Eastern beliefs, do you?

Why mention it then?

Turkey Phil, what's its role in the Arab Spring?

---------- Post added 07-07-2016 at 00:07 ----------

Please refrain from the insults. As well as creating unnecessary tensions, they just detract from any argument you may have.

Please don't tell me what I can and cannot write, you are not a mod. Don't act like one.

Edited by Radan

Why mention it then?

Turkey Phil, what's its role in the Arab Spring?

---------- Post added 07-07-2016 at 00:07 ----------

Please don't tell me what I can and cannot write.

you said it stated in Tunisia i gave you the spark

i ignored the comment usually from someone scratch for an answer

Please don't tell me what I can and cannot write, you are not a mod. Don't act like one.

And I don't profess to be one, but I do have to read your posts if I want to keep up with the thread, which I do, and I don't like to see anyone insulted in this manner. It's not acting like a mod, it's being a responsible forum member. I am just offering you friendly advice.

you said it stated in Tunisia i gave you the spark

i ignored the comment usually from someone scratch for an answer

But you agree he didn't set himself on fire due to the War in Iraq?

Turkey Phil. What role did they play in the Arab Spring?

This is obfuscation though. Yes they had a plan, the point is that it was woefully inadequate and they had been told it was inadequate by people they should have put some faith in. Therefore saying 'they had a plan' is not the relevant point. I believe the military followed the plan, so again it's a diversion to say 'the military made mistakes'. If you can show they deviated from the plan, it's a fair comment.

And of course no-one is sad that Saddam has gone but again that is not the point. The point is, was all the other stuff worth it to get rid of him. You seem to be making tangential points to avoid having to face up to Blair just getting it massively wrong.

Not really. As I recall the larger plan was that of America and we were just a small but important very junior partner. Its not as though we got to decide what to do with the Iraqi army or whether to keep members of the the old regime in power.

No problem saying Blair got it wrong as hindsight shows that to be the case. So you are wrong there.

Quite happy to discuss the report where you wish to refer me to it.

So for instance

There was "little time" to properly prepare three military brigades for deployment in Iraq. The risks were neither "properly identified nor fully exposed" to ministers, resulting in

"equipment shortfalls"

Between 2003 and 2009, UK forces in Iraq faced gaps in some key capability areas - including armoured vehicles, reconnaissance and intelligence assets and helicopter support

It was not sufficiently clear which person in the department within the Ministry of Defence had responsibility for identifying and articulating such gaps

Delays in providing adequate medium weight protected patrol vehicles and the failure to meet the needs of UK forces for reconnaissance and intelligence equipment and helicopters should not have been tolerated

All shocking poor organisation and communication, which cost lives. Dount there is much chance pinning all these things on a single person or anyone will be prosecuted. All that you can do is learn from it and avoid such situations in future especially future governments, so our troops get the equipment they need, which would have saved lives.

I'm not convinced if someone else had been in power it would have been run any better or we would have decided not to support the US.

And I don't profess to be one, but I do have to read your posts if I want to keep up with the thread, which I do, and I don't like to see anyone insulted in this manner. It's not acting like a mod, it's being a responsible forum member. I am just offering you friendly advice.

I am having trouble keeping up with the thread because dear old Phil is in a pickle.

He's still trying to recover from sending me a link that said the exact opposite of an argument he was trying to make.

Any reason when you are offline Phil is online and vice versa?

But you agree he didn't set himself on fire due to the War in Iraq?

Turkey Phil. What role did they play in the Arab Spring?

asked and answered.

what role do you think they had