Help me with the words ee by gum.

ee by gum does your belly touch your bum, do your tits hang low , oh dear forgot the rest any one know it ???

I learnt it (and others) whilst on mountaineering/canooing/walking week in the Lake District (aged 14)

Never did play rugby, never forgot the songs we learnt that week :)

One of the lads bought a bookful of them in Windermere.

It wasn't me :suspect:

Do your balls hang low?

Do they dangle to and fro?

Can you tie them in a knot?

Can you tie them in a bow?

Can you sling 'em o'er your shoulder

Like a Continental Soldier?

Do your balls hang low?

Rugby songs. Not recommended for youngsters or PC types like myself. In fact don't click on it

I TOLD not to click on it didn't I :rolleyes::D

Its been a long time since I have heard the word ee by gum can anyone please tell me what it means. Thanks Alan

it is an old yorkshire saying like " go to the foot of our stairs " it is just an expression. - ee by gum.

juliediane

It is really in two parts:- "ee" and "by gum". The "by gum" is a derivation of "By God". I still occasionaly hear people saying "by gum" by never hear the entire "ee, by gum" which sounds as affected as " 'appen". The "ee" on the start is quite seperate but is the exclamation used more often in the north whereas they might say "oh" in the south.

Archived