The condition Aphantasia the 'blind mind’s eye'

I came across this article recently, and while reading it realised with a great shock that I am the same as the guy in the story. I never knew I was different to many other people. What you don't have you can't miss I suppose, but when I read that most of you can close your eyes and see a picture in your 'minds eye' of loved ones and lost loved ones, or conjure up images of your happiest moments and I can't then I know I'm missing something.

The condition is called aphantasia it is estimated it one person in fifty might have this condition.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160524-this-man-had-no-idea-his-mind-is-blind-until-last-week

http://aphant.asia/ (online community that offers further advice and support)

Edited by Spogs

Well now I think I have it???

“When I close my eyes I see my eyelids. It’s just blank,” he says. “I never realised that people could see images in their mind

I've closed my eyes, yes it's just black(ish)

Simple tasks can be difficult with aphantasia - such as finding where you parked your car

OMG!!!

Well now I think I have it???

I've closed my eyes, yes it's just black(ish)

OMG!!!

Just like me geared, the OMG!!! shock. I hope it helps in the long run, my main reason for posting.

EDIT. Now I see you are joking, but that apart, can you 'conjour up' images of friends/family to will when you close your eyes? Not all of us can and the realisation does come with an 'OMG!!!'

Edited by Spogs