Philando Castile - killed by police in Minnesota

Sat in your car and trying to give the officer the ID he asked for is fighting back and escaping?

The last one was a case of being shot for the crime of driving whilst being black/hispanic. That's all it is.

---------- Post added 08-07-2016 at 13:40 ----------

So you are saying we should shoot more black people because they commit more crimes?

No, not that we should, but that it is an unavoidable consequence of violent crime.

The fact is that there is no difference between the number of black people and the number of white people killed per police interaction. Which is a better indicator of police behaviour.

Thanks but I tend to stay away from videos you can't "unwatch", but reading the description, this is a simple case of murder by the police officer who discharged his weapon. It does not mean black peoples lives are any less valued nor does it mean that all US cops are bad people.

However this does not change the fact that you are statistically more likely to be killed by a black person if you are white, rather than the other way round.

That's a link to the telegraph, you don't have to play the video, the point was to read the news.

---------- Post added 08-07-2016 at 14:33 ----------

Black people are only disproportionately killed by police when uou loom at the population as a whole and ignore the fact that black people are more likely to commit crime.

Source please?

That's a link to the telegraph, you don't have to play the video, the point was to read the news.

---------- Post added 08-07-2016 at 14:33 ----------

Source please?

I am on my phone and I can't copy and paste. However, about 30% of people killed by cops this year have been black. All you need to do is find the % of crimes commited by blacks and compare the two numbers. This is a much better barometer against which to measure police discrimination than using the wider population demographics.

I am on my phone and I can't copy and paste. However, about 30% of people killed by cops this year have been black. All you need to do is find the % of crimes commited by blacks and compare the two numbers. This is a much better barometer against which to measure police discrimination than using the wider population demographics.

I'm not sure if you think that somehow excuses the apparent execution by cop of the two that are in the news at the moment...

I'm not sure if you think that somehow excuses the apparent execution by cop of the two that are in the news at the moment...

That is a nasty thing you have done there and you really owe me an apology. Where do my posts give you that impression?

I am commenting on the claim by the fish guy that it is disproportionately black people that are being killed.

Like it or not, Blacks do commit more crime in proportion to their numbers than Caucasians.Should we shoot them for it? No and I cant see anywhere on here that is advocating this.

You can easily rewrite that to make it more correct...

Like it or not, poor people do commit more crime in proportion to their numbers than wealthy people.

What needs to be done is to figure out why black/hispanic etc etc are poorer than they should be in a fair society.

---------- Post added 08-07-2016 at 17:12 ----------

No, not that we should, but that it is an unavoidable consequence of violent crime.

The fact is that there is no difference between the number of black people and the number of white people killed per police interaction. Which is a better indicator of police behaviour.

You have proof for that? Because I think you are very wrong indeed.

You can easily rewrite that to make it more correct...

Like it or not, poor people do commit more crime in proportion to their numbers than wealthy people.

What needs to be done is to figure out why black/hispanic etc etc are poorer than they should be in a fair society.

---------- Post added 08-07-2016 at 17:12 ----------

You have proof for that? Because I think you are very wrong indeed.

Here are some statistics:

I'm making no comment on the OP. Just presenting stats as requested of runningman.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler