Philando Castile - killed by police in Minnesota

Hmm. She may just have been terrified and in shock. Just a guess.

---------- Post added 09-07-2016 at 20:59 ----------

Difficult to believe that apologists for what are effectively summary executions actually show their faces.

---------- Post added 09-07-2016 at 21:07 ----------

the facts are that US police are trigger happy beyond belief and rarely face any consequences for killing citizens, even unarmed ones. They killed about 3 young black men every day last year.

it is no surprise at all that the people are getting angry. we can only hope the sniper incident last night is the last of its kind. No one should die doing their job, but then again neither should anyone be killed by police when there are so many other ways of incapacitating people when this is necessary.

here are some stats

They killed more young white men than black men. I am not an apologist, I'm not saying that it is ok that the police are killing people. It is vile and the consequence of a militarised police force.

I am just telling the truth, when you look at the amount of interaction the police have with society, blacks are not disproportionately targeted by police violence. Someone supplied a link earlier, have a read of it.

The original claim was the it is disproportionately black people that are killed, I am countering that claim by suggesting the evidence supporting the claim is floored.

I am unable to supply links on the device I am using, but I have told you where to find it, if you dont want to look, it is entirely up to you.

However, if black people were to be unduly targeted by the police, then it wouldn't be surprising if they were found to be committing more crimes than the white population.

However, if black people were to be unduly targeted by the police, then it wouldn't be surprising if they were found to be committing more crimes than the white population.

The US Government is supposed to compile and publish stats for excessive force police deaths. The AG ordered this in 1994 but as yet it isn't being done. Figures therefore vary. The Guardian, for 2015, estimated about 7 black deaths per million, more than double the figure for whites. Total deaths were over 1,000.

I posted a link earlier. That link referenced this actual story from the WSJ.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myths-of-black-lives-matter-1455235686

Edited by Radan

The fact they are targeted by police no doubt is a small part of the problem, it creates a self fulfilling prophecy and also can make black people, especially young men, feel alienated from society.

The fact they are targeted by police no doubt is a small part of the problem, it creates a self fulfilling prophecy and also can make black people, especially young men, feel alienated from society.

Does this give them the right to criminality?

Does this give them the right to criminality?

Nobody claimed that it did.

But racial profiling would result in the APPEARANCE of a particular group performing more criminal acts. Not the reality of it.

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 09:01 ----------

Is it me or does anyone else find it strange that the woman seems fairly calm having just seen a man seriously shot next to her, and her reaction is to film the event and not go to the mans aid?

"Going to his aid" could well have resulted in her being shot as well.

Nobody claimed that it did.

The OP is suggesting that by connecting being targeted by police and criminality.

But racial profiling would result in the APPEARANCE of a particular group performing more criminal acts. Not the reality of it.

Thats a huge assumption. Racial profiling is based on statistical, not anecdotal evidence. If the stats show a particular ethnic group commits more of one particular crime. When the police are focused on reducing the crime rate, they target that group. It happens to all groups. It happens in the UK too. I spoke with a border force officer once who told me, they target lone white women or lone white people with children going through customs as they are more likely to be drug mules.

False flag! In the next few days, I bet it will be announced that the USA are driving to change the constitution. By removing the "right to bare arms"

I am not saying if this is a false flag but I do think you are spot on with this bit.

Its been on the cards for a while now and I think its closer than ever. If the Gov manage to pass a law that allows them to take peoples weapons then I can see a few kicking back against the system and the riots we are now seeing in the states (the ones barely getting a mention in the mainstream) will be the tip of a very bloody iceberg.

Racial profiling can be statistically driven, or it can be ideologically driven, or it could just be the result of prejudice of officers and not an official policy in any way.

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 09:26 ----------

Have a look at this and tell us that US gun laws don't need changing.

http://guns.periscopic.com/?year=2013

Racial profiling can be statistically driven, or it can be ideologically driven, or it could just be the result of prejudice of officers and not an official policy in any way.

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 09:26 ----------

Have a look at this and tell us that US gun laws don't need changing.

http://guns.periscopic.com/?year=2013

I agree, but this only goes to show ALL profiling is not bad, especially when there is limited resources.

The gun control question may be for someone else as I made no mention of it in my previous post, but I'm in agreement that their laws need changing. Its almost as if they need an amnesty to rid the country of all these semi automatic assault rifles used for duck hunting.