Metal Detector!

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place .... Just wondered if anyone in the S17 area has a metal detector that we could borrow? Just had building work done and the builders scattered screws all over the garden and now we want to make it safe for our children so need to find the screws we've missed!!

Thanks.

Thank you! Will try the magnet suggestion ..... Can't stand not using the garden when we have a rare day of sunshine!

I have reasonably sized magnet if needed, i am in the S2 area Manor Top,

just for info about good strong magnets,, Microwave ovens have them in the Magnetron, the bigger the oven the bigger the magnet.

Just take care when stripping old microwaves down as there is always a danger of serious harm. lol

Motor factors such as Halfords, Bullseye etc sell magnetic trays for mechanics to store nuts and other bits and pieces on. They're about six inches diameter and have a very strong pull. Made by Laser. Could come in handy for other things once all your screws have been swept up.

Edit: Just remembered that I've got one in my shed if you want to borrow it.

Edited by mad-dad

I have reasonably sized magnet if needed, i am in the S2 area Manor Top,

just for info about good strong magnets,, Microwave ovens have them in the Magnetron, the bigger the oven the bigger the magnet.

Just take care when stripping old microwaves down as there is always a danger of serious harm. lol

There is a part on the magnetron that may cause cancer, beryllium oxide is what it is try not to break it :hihi: