Women to be allowed to serve on the front line combat operations.

Or have already been kidnapped and sold into sexual slavery or slaughtered.

I will however on that point give the people who remain either male or female who are fighting for their freedom and standing up and fighting against oppression respect for that.

During WW2 we stood our ground and pushed Germany back so why can't they? you see all these young men fleeing to any country that will take them in. I have respect for the women who are standing side by side with men to defeat the evil of IS.

I also have respect for our female squaddies who wish to serve alongside men and I have no problem with that

I will however on that point give the people who remain either male or female who are fighting for their freedom and standing up and fighting against oppression respect for that.

During WW2 we stood our ground and pushed Germany back so why can't they? you see all these young men fleeing to any country that will take them in. I have respect for the women who are standing side by side with men to defeat the evil of IS.

I also have respect for our female squaddies who wish to serve alongside men and I have no problem with that

And what do you expect them to fight with? Perhaps they can throw hummus at the Government forces and the heavily armed ex-Iraqi army militias?

Yes, and to a point I agree, Many are basically cowards who would rather flee than try to defend their country.

However, I have to wonder what I would do in their situation?

Again though..... MANY COULD NOW BE REPATRIOTATED, It makes you wonder why they are not?

Edited by Crosser

Relationships are bound to develop and it will complicate things. Look what happened when that woman joined the Red Arrows, it all went to pot.

Yes, and to a point I agree, Many are basically cowards who would rather flee than try to defend their country.

However, I have to wonder what I would do in their situation?

Defend their country? They are fleeing their own government. The mess in Syria isn't just about Isil.

How exactly do you defend your country against its own army, who have tanks etc?

Repatriated where? Has the civil war ended? Must have missed that, what with all the Brexit news and all...

---------- Post added 08-07-2016 at 21:53 ----------

Relationships are bound to develop and it will complicate things. Look what happened when that woman joined the Red Arrows, it all went to pot.

Are you being deliberately dense?

What an utterly stupid post.

Edited by Radan

Defend their country? They are fleeing their own government. The mess in Syria isn't just about Isil.

How exactly do you defend your country against its own army, who have tanks etc?

Repatriated where? Has the civil war ended? Must have missed that, what with all the Brexit news and all...

Slow down Radan.

Syria is only the latest conflict, There are many, many people who have fled since (lets say the end of WW2) who could have been repatriated after things settled down, the fact is they wern't or didn't want to.

Maybe if they had been, then there would be room on this small island for others who needed help at their time of crisis?

Edited by Crosser

Slow down Radan.

Syria is only the latest conflict, There are many, many people who have fled since (lets say the end of WW2) who could have been repatriated after things settled down, the fact is they wern't or didn't want to.

Maybe if they had been, then there would be room on this small island for others who needed help at their time of crisis?

To whom do you refer?

Give us some numbers of war refugees in the UK, where they are from etc. and which war they fled from?

I'll help you shall I? The number of refugees in the UK makes up one quarter of one percent of the population.

Sheffield has accepted 500 refugees in 5 years, according to SCC.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-takes-in-500-refugees-in-five-years-1-7452926

Edited by Radan

To whom do you refer?

Give us some numbers of war refugees in the UK, where they are from etc. and which war they fled from?

I'll help you shall I? The number of refugees in the UK makes up one quarter of one percent of the population.

In the UK?

This is SHEFFIELD FORUM and that's where I live.

So, can YOU provide some relative figures for SHEFFIELD?

I don't think the country is ready to see mothers coming home in body bags

So a WPC can go home in a body bag but a soldier paid to fight and kill is somehow off limits to the same thing?