Dinnington comprehensive school 1963-66

It would be good to hear from anyone who attended dinnington comprehensive school between 1963 to 1966 (ONLY). This period in my boyhood hold great memories for me and sadly on leaving in 1966, we all went our seperate ways. Here's hoping! !!

Lol, the one and only time I got picked for the school team (Hinde House) we went to Dinnington and got beat 10-0. Would have been within that time frame.

I think Liverpool F.C. once thumped a part-time European team by the same score and the then manager Bill Shankly said 'They were lucky to get none !'

Was it a 'comprehensive' school in 1963-66? I thought comprehensives were introduced in September 1969.

Perhaps or not but in 1963 I could not spell comprhe@sive ! and I was 15 and though not attending lived less than a mile from there !

Edited by stpetre
add

• 1 month later...

My OH attended Dinnington Comp and left in 1969. They didn't take the 11+.

It comes under Rotherham Borough Council now but did come under West Riding County Council back then..... and not Sheffield Council, maybe that's why.