Anyone remember Pete Cardwell?

We had friends, Pete and Beryl Cardwell, they emigrated to Australia around 1972, they used to live at Meersbrook. I heard some years ago that they had returned to Sheffield, does anyone know if this is true?

There's a Peter Cardwell, 69, registered at Hayfield Place, S12 4XH....

Many thanks, I,all follow that up.

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 11:49 ----------

There's a Peter Cardwell, 69, registered at Hayfield Place, S12 4XH....

Many thanks, I,ll follow that up.

• 2 years later...

Just another message, an old friend, Pete Cardwell and wife Beryl, emigrated to Australia in 1972, heard they had returned to Sheffield. Pete used to be a joiner, used to go in the Woodseats WMC. Does anyone know anything about him?

That is sad, it sounds as if Pete may still be in Australia then.

Mervyn cut off all the ties to his family I think, when he did die, an ad was placed in the Star in the Deaths from the Northern General asking for anyone to get in touch if they knew Mervyn, I did contact them and they asked if I knew of any of his family and would I attend his funeral but we were going away two days before his funeral. So I thought that Peter would have seen the ad or some of his friends may have seen it but if he was in Australia that rules that out. The Cardwells used to live on the corner of Stonecliffe Rd on the Manor in the 1940s and 50s, Beryl lived further up on Stonecliffe Rd, her maiden name was Wilson.

Mervyn cut off all the ties to his family I think, when he did die, an ad was placed in the Star in the Deaths from the Northern General asking for anyone to get in touch if they knew Mervyn, I did contact them and they asked if I knew of any of his family and would I attend his funeral but we were going away two days before his funeral. So I thought that Peter would have seen the ad or some of his friends may have seen it but if he was in Australia that rules that out. The Cardwells used to live on the corner of Stonecliffe Rd on the Manor in the 1940s and 50s, Beryl lived further up on Stonecliffe Rd, her maiden name was Wilson.

We went back to his house several times, he lived near Derbyshire Lane, Pete worked with my brother in law, he was a good laugh, we had some good times. We had a postcard not long after they had left, I think he was working on tv background sets, but then we lost all contact.

Edited by Billam