Parkwood springs

katrina

Hi my name is Reg of Penrith Rd, Shircliffe. I used to come over to Parkwood and meet some lads on the bikes, we rode the hills at the back of the rec above the old mine. We rode along the footpath in the allotments until someone put a wire across the path and a girl was dragged off the back of a bike. In 1960 when I was a lad about 12 my brother Steve and I used to sell bags of coke (for the fires!) round Parkwood which we had collected off the old tip. Some of the names on here sound familiar but it's a while back now, anyone remember the bike rides?

• 1 year later...
Hi,

:help: I've just been set the brief for my latest Architecture Assignment at Uni and the site is Vale Road - just below the carpark to the Ski Village, Parkwood Springs.

I'm currently doing Site investigation and i was wondering if anyone could shed any light on the history of the area?

Either from personal knowledge or a point in the direction of any good resources on the area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Luke

luke hi lived in park wood springs all my life bread and born there anythink you want to know im your man

luke hi lived in park wood springs all my life bread and born there anythink you want to know im your man

I have some great photos of the area in the 60's but none with the 3 pubs mentioned earlier in the thread.Can u help qwerty?

I have some great photos of the area in the 60's but none with the 3 pubs mentioned earlier in the thread.Can u help qwerty?

Would be interested to see the 60's pics, there are very few pics of the area.

There is a picture on the net of the Parkwood Hotel when it was ready for demolition, page 4

http://www.mainlymono.co.uk/sheffield/index_4.html

And a distant picture of the Douglas from a booklet,The History of Neepsend

Would be interested to see the 60's pics, there are very few pics of the area.

There is a picture on the net of the Parkwood Hotel when it was ready for demolition, page 4

http://www.mainlymono.co.uk/sheffield/index_4.html

And a distant picture of the Douglas from a booklet,The History of Neepsend

Great pictures retep,can't make out the pub though i can see the Sunblest Club.Where was that?

The picturesI have are in a book-A Neepsend Camera by J.R.Wrigley.

Great pictures retep,can't make out the pub though i can see the Sunblest Club.Where was that?

The picturesI have are in a book-A Neepsend Camera by J.R.Wrigley.

The Sunblest Club used to be the Parkwood Hotel the Reindeer used to be next door going uphill from the railway bridge, Waughs Mineral Waters used to be at the back of the Reindeer.