Parkwood springs

katrina

bread and born there does any body remeber my granda tiny shaw and is brother jim

Hi Qwerty,

My dads name was Tom Fellows , he was the son of the late Clara Shaw and John Fellows. I think you and my dad must have been cousins , my mum and dad lived on Pickering Road next door to Harry and Brenda Darwin, I went to Hillfoot School.

I lived near the bottom of Pickering Road in a back to back house behind no.33. My auntie and cousin used to live at the top at 100. We had an outside toilet and a big yard to play in. Our house had only 3 rooms - a living kitchen and two bedrooms.

I used to go to Parkwood Springs Methodist Church and my cousin was the last person to get married there before it was closed.

I remember the Whit Walks - does anyone else remember these? - where we used to walk from the church to sing outside the Royal Infirmary and then to the Royal Hospital on West Street before finally ending up in Weston Park for the "Whit Sing".

Every May there used to be a concert where there was a little play and that year's May Queen was crowned.

I have very many happy memories of my time living on the Springs - I lived there from 1961 to 1966 although I didn't go to the local school. I still went to Meynell Road and then onto Chaucer.

Hi,

I can remember my mother talking us all to western park on a whit sunday, the brass salvation army band played, I went to Chaucer School , and went to Meynell youth club. from Parkwood Sorings we went to live on the Kelvin Flats.

Hi Qwerty,

My dads name was Tom Fellows , he was the son of the late Clara Shaw and John Fellows. I think you and my dad must have been cousins , my mum and dad lived on Pickering Road next door to Harry and Brenda Darwin, I went to Hillfoot School.

I may have a photo of J. Fellows on the terrace, she's around age 6ish