Parkwood springs

katrina

I used to have a small yard on parkwood springs it was like being in a foreign country in the middle of Sheffield loved it. Even now when i go under the bridge on Douglas Road my heart skips a beat the isolation and wildlife up there had to be seen to be believed.I remember a few people up there some used to go in the Gardeners and the Monkey pub.Two brothers i remember where called Phill and David White, i was an apprentice bricklayer with Phill. I think Dave was a painter.They used to call Parkwood the Indian Village.

I used to have a small yard on parkwood springs it was like being in a foreign country in the middle of Sheffield loved it. Even now when i go under the bridge on Douglas Road my heart skips a beat the isolation and wildlife up there had to be seen to be believed.I remember a few people up there some used to go in the Gardeners and the Monkey pub.Two brothers i remember where called Phill and David White, i was an apprentice bricklayer with Phill. I think Dave was a painter.They used to call Parkwood the Indian Village.

Still see Dave White, Philip died.

I delivered milk on springs with my father who was joe mosley.I can recall quite a few names , bakers who had paper shop on pickering,pashleys on mount rd, hacketts on douglas terrace(keith hackett who was football ref),lumbs,newtons. good old days when you could leave your back door open all day,which some people did!

can you tell me what the sweet shop was called near the farfield boozer...researching for a new book...my grandma cronshaw lived on hoyland road...number 120 i think

can you tell me what the sweet shop was called near the farfield boozer...researching for a new book...my grandma cronshaw lived on hoyland road...number 120 i think

Balm's in th 60's

Mrs.E A Balm -shopkeeper 19 Hillfoot Road 3

and 1948

19 Hillfoot Road Mrs Rose Cowen -shopkeeper

112 Hoyland Road Mrs. Florence Emily Cronshaw

Balm's in th 60's

Mrs.E A Balm -shopkeeper 19 Hillfoot Road 3

and 1948

19 Hillfoot Road Mrs Rose Cowen -shopkeeper

112 Hoyland Road Mrs. Florence Emily Cronshaw

cheers mate....it was about 1962....loved all those glass jars of sweets lined up....gran used to make me count bags of coal that were thrown down cellar...then throw me in tin bath....would spend hours kicking tennis ball against that giant wall that was on hoyland road...