Parkwood springs

katrina

Hi

My nan is from parkwood springs, im not sure which road.

Just wondered if anybody remembered her.

Her name was stella white and her brothers and sister are called, Brian, Dennis , Cyril and Fay. If anybody knew them im sure my nan would love to hear.

I think my nans mum worked for someone called Mr Bailey???

• 4 months later...

yes, here's an obscure one...

when slade were at their peak, they made a film called flame.

in the story noddy holder's fictional mum lives at parkwood springs. a few scenes are filmed of her stood outside her house while the streets around her are being demolished.

it was filmed in 1974 and recently got an award for one of the best rock films, despite not being that popular at the time.

it was released on betamax, and i looked for years for a copy on vhs but so far no luck!

kelvin flats is also in the same film, as it was shot mostly on location in sheffield.

my nan & grandad lived on pickering rd there names were may & lol taylor the kids were nancie joan barbra and frank

i am sure my nan ran the paper shop also remember the great bonfire nights thay had frank is my dad took him up about 6 weeks ago wow the good times came rolling back for him

• 1 month later...