Parkwood springs

katrina

i can remember a castle like tower inbetween the houses of wallace road and pickering road

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 20:19 ----------

i can remember there was a dirt track that ran off pickering between the houses,we used to use it as a short cut when going to the shop,rumours were there was a tunnel under it that went to manor castle!

There was a folly that looked like a castle tower, occupied until demolition of the area, known as the castle house.

Hi Retep have I got it right but did Winston Kewish live in that castle shaped house,we used to go past it on a dirt path then down some wooden steps to a gennell to the road leading to the wide steps over the railway!.It was a handy short cut from Pickering Road saving a long walk round,am I right or what?.:huh::P

Hi Retep have I got it right but did Winston Kewish live in that castle shaped house,we used to go past it on a dirt path then down some wooden steps to a gennell to the road leading to the wide steps over the railway!.It was a handy short cut from Pickering Road saving a long walk round,am I right or what?.:huh::P

Think Winston lived in the top flat of the big house (Rock House), it was split into three large flats, the castle house was in the little field at the back, the path led from Pickering to Wallace

ok i was just trying to picture where it was. i was only a young lad then.i was born on wallace rd and lived with my parents at my grandad & gramma's house we later moved down to parkwood rd,at the bottom of the station steps,that led from the top of wallace rd.

---------- Post added 12-07-2016 at 18:54 ----------

ps my mum was a "jackson" if that rings a bell with anyone

ok i was just trying to picture where it was. i was only a young lad then.i was born on wallace rd and lived with my parents at my grandad & gramma's house we later moved down to parkwood rd,at the bottom of the station steps,that led from the top of wallace rd.

---------- Post added 12-07-2016 at 18:54 ----------

ps my mum was a "jackson" if that rings a bell with anyone

J. Jackson?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...