Parkwood springs

katrina

Did Evelyn have a sister called Maria ? I had a crush on Maria when I was about 14, she was a lovely girl but I don't think she knew I existed !What about Molly Moody ?Do you remember her ? I think she had a crush on me !!

Typing all this, memories are gradually coming back. The first ever transvestite I ever saw moved in I think to the Cashmores old house in Wallace Road, not sure what year, possibly 65/66.It shook me rigid to see him/her struggling past the Hallamshire Rolling Mills at midnight in high heels.

Well before that was a lovely black man nicknamed 'Persil' who moved in to Wallace Road. Didn't a well known singer work at the Hallamshire at that time ?

The Singer Would have been Tony Dalli, the Trannie either Trevor if he was the tall one or Mick the short one.

Did Evelyn have a sister called Maria ? I had a crush on Maria when I was about 14, she was a lovely girl but I don't think she knew I existed !What about Molly Moody ?Do you remember her ? I think she had a crush on me !!

Typing all this, memories are gradually coming back. The first ever transvestite I ever saw moved in I think to the Cashmores old house in Wallace Road, not sure what year, possibly 65/66.It shook me rigid to see him/her struggling past the Hallamshire Rolling Mills at midnight in high heels.

Well before that was a lovely black man nicknamed 'Persil' who moved in to Wallace Road. Didn't a well known singer work at the Hallamshire at that time ?

She certainly did have a sister called Maria and also a brother (think his name was Lyndsey).

I remember a lovely black man who was lodging in a house across the road from us- he very often used to come to our house to fry bananas for his tea as apparently his landlady wouldn'tallow him to cook in the lodgings.

She certainly did have a sister called Maria and also a brother (think his name was Lyndsey).

I remember a lovely black man who was lodging in a house across the road from us- he very often used to come to our house to fry bananas for his tea as apparently his landlady wouldn'tallow him to cook in the lodgings.

Marie married one of the Haslam's, still see Evelyn now and again she works at hospital.

I lived on Vale Road at Parkwood Springs between 1958 and 1974.

I think I know you 'Parkwooder', you were at one time quite good friends with my sister, although you might not remember me.

What's your name? And what's your sisters name? My name was Carol Walker then, and I lived at No 58,from 1964 to 1975, but we lived on mount road before that up near the Douglas.

Hi Carol, I thought it was you! We lived on Vale Road, first at No 68 then moved down the road to No 47. My sisters name was Margaret Hinchliffe, I'm her brother John.
Oh, of course I remember you John, and obviously Margarett. Can you remember Margarett Lewis who lived across the road. They emigrated to Australia. Well we found each other again through friends reunited, so we email each other regular now. And I had an email from Pauline Spencer, she lived on Pickering Road, then I got back in touch with Susan Shaw, who lived on Douglas Road. If you can't remember them, I know your Margarett will. It's ever so nice to hear from you. And please give my regards to Margarett. We've got lots of happy memories, and I'm sure you have as well. Let me know anybody else you might remember.

kind regards Carol

Do I remember Colin Smith and Alice, Colin Smith was 1 of my dads best friends, and Retep is right, he has a photo of Colin with my dad and a few other characters from parkwood in a trophy presentation. Colin, my dad (Cyril Walker) and George Torry all went for a pint together. them were the days. And if you see Geoff send him my regards. from carol walker. and if i'm too late for you to remember this post, I'll give it a couple of days, and if nowt, I'll send you a private message.

will remind you to geoff when i see him, we spent december in aus with richard it's his 50th this year

My partners gran used to lived near Parkwood Springs.

She was on Woodside though, I am assuming this is the same area. She was part of the Lindley family, parents Sam and Ethel.

Anyone remember them?

My mothers maiden name was Lindley but her family came from Pitmoor, Harvest Lane area. She married someone from the Wybourn, Frank Wild, and set up home in Neepsend, behinds Stones Brewery.

My mothers maiden name was Lindley but her family came from Pitmoor, Harvest Lane area. She married someone from the Wybourn, Frank Wild, and set up home in Neepsend, behinds Stones Brewery.

Wild 14 Manners street ?