Finding out what has happened to an elderly relative

Hello all

I'm hoping someone can advise me here as I don't know where to start!

I have an elderly relative with Alzheimer's who has carers 3-4 times a day. Unfortunately she has never had a telephone so contact is limited.

However, I have recently found out that the council flat she was living in is now unoccupied but I have not been notified of here whereabouts. I have a feeling that she may have gone into a nursing home but how do I find out? And if I contact anyone will they give out that sort of information? Obviously, I am also concerned she may have passed away but the same problem is - how do I find out?

Hope someone can advise me :help:

Thanks a lot

Hello all

I have an elderly relative with Alzheimer's who has carers 3-4 times a day. Unfortunately she has never had a telephone so contact is limited.

However, I have recently found out that the council flat she was living in is now unoccupied but I have not been notified of here whereabouts. I have a feeling that she may have gone into a nursing home but how do I find out? And if I contact anyone will they give out that sort of information? Obviously, I am also concerned she may have passed away but the same problem is - how do I find out?

Thanks a lot

Curious as it may seem the Salvation Army are very good at this sort of thing and run a dedicated service to reunite families.

Hope you find her and hope she is doing well.

Hello all

Thanks a lot

It's grim, but the local register office will be able to tell you if someone with your relative's name died recently.

The nearest office can be found using this link.

http://maps.direct.gov.uk/LDGRedirect/MapAction.do?ref=grolight

Don't you have other relatives that would know?

Good luck.

Have you tried speaking to the neighbours ?

Surely if the property was a council one they will have the information you want although you may need to prove you are related before they give you that information.

This is a very sad story

Good luck

Edited by Daven

Adult Social Services would be the best start if there are no relatives who could help you.

is best or GP or health authority would know but may be bound by confidentiality could pass on a message from you if there is a next of kin or if your relative is up to giving permission.