Theresa May - What should she do in 3,5 years?

I'm too young to remember when a Prime Minister stood down between election and his/her successor called an immediate General Election, although rather a lot of those who took over went on to win the next election anyhow. Think it has happened about 4 times since the war. John Major being one of them. He was PM for almost 7 years.

Still I wouldn't get too upset by it all. I note William Hill are offering 4/9 on Theresa May still being Prime Minister New Years Eve 2020. Which presumably means they expect her to be PM for getting on 9 years at least unless she hands over power to the next Tory Prime Minister.

Gordon Brown like virtually every Labour leader of the last 40 years was incapable of winning a General election because he was a bit crap. The only exception being Tony Blair who Labour voters tell me wasn't really Labour at all. Perhaps that's the secret of success for Labour. Change your policies to those of the centre ground and rename your party. I think quite a few of the PLP will be doing that shortly.

I don't support Labour. I'd rather poke cocktail sticks in my eyes. Told you that umpteen times.

Edited by I1L2T3