Repeated bangs in S6

My concern is that one goes off near me and my horse when we're out and then it won't just be birds that are being scared, downright dangerous. They're so loud. How much scaring does your average crow need for crying out loud?

My concern is that one goes off near me and my horse when we're out and then it won't just be birds that are being scared, downright dangerous. They're so loud. How much scaring does your average crow need for crying out loud?

Farmers are very considerate where they place them, you should have nothing to worry about. The last thing they would want would be to injure a horse or a person.

Farmers are very considerate where they place them, you should have nothing to worry about. The last thing they would want would be to injure a horse or a person.

I sure hope so. In this case they've placed it where it resonates and rebounds round a whole large valley, so not convinced.

I sure hope so. In this case they've placed it where it resonates and rebounds round a whole large valley, so not convinced.

You do however seem convinced you are the centre of the universe, if you have a problem with this particular farmer then go and see him, maybe he will let you run round his fields screaming at the crows pecking away at his valuable crops.

You do however seem convinced you are the centre of the universe, if you have a problem with this particular farmer then go and see him, maybe he will let you run round his fields screaming at the crows pecking away at his valuable crops.

Not quite sure where you got that from, there's a few of us who are in earshot of this device and all of us are getting fed up of hearing it.

It's excessively loud, two shots every hour with the odd pair being fired before sunrise.

The NFU have some very sensible guidelines regarding the use of audible scarers, just a shame this farmer doesn't feel the need to follow them.

Guest busdriver1

Sounds like it might be wise to avoid that area on your horse then.