Video Game Crash in 1983 - 1985

The market became flooded with consoles.

Some were good, some were bad. The next gen ones like Colecovision and Intellivision were pretty awesome for the age. The Philips Videopac G7000 was pretty dire.

I had the Videopac. It was a very European console and the max score you could get on any game was 9999. I loaned it to a friend and never asked for it back.

Think that was simply it. Too many consoles. Too many bad ones. Expensive games too. My mum and dad paid £30 for Demon Attack on the Videopac and I played it for one day.

The market became flooded with consoles.

Some were good, some were bad. The next gen ones like Colecovision and Intellivision were pretty awesome for the age. The Philips Videopac G7000 was pretty dire.

I had the Videopac. It was a very European console and the max score you could get on any game was 9999. I loaned it to a friend and never asked for it back.

Think that was simply it. Too many consoles. Too many bad ones. Expensive games too. My mum and dad paid £30 for Demon Attack on the Videopac and I played it for one day.

You think no more video games coming out between 1983 to 1984 and the Nintendo come out with the NES. the market good really up the money.

My mum and dad paid £30 for Demon Attack on the Videopac and I played it for one day.

Wow, I paid £10 for GTA San Andreas several years ago and I still play it today.

When did Gremlin Graphics start up in Sheff? Before or after the crash?

after the crash on the sage mega drive

Gremlin started way before the Megadrive in 1984.

They used to have offices on Carver Street above the games shop (Just Micro) there for many years.

Monty Mole anyone?

Edited by jagsthecat